Sign in with
Your question

New battery (Not Charging) my late 2008 MacBookPro

Last response: in Mac Os X
March 22, 2012 9:40:04 PM

Hopefully someone else here can solve this mystery. I just replaced my battery because it wasn't holding much charge and the new battery won't charge at all !! The battery indicator says "Not Charging" and the light on my power cord stays green. I've tried rebooting . Power off completely and restarting. I've even reset the PRAM with no success. why would this be the case? I even re-installed the old battery and it tries to charge ! Heeeelp
March 22, 2012 9:56:17 PM

It sounds like the Mac is broken or you got a bad battery replacement; Is it still under a warranty's expiration?

Are you able to return the battery that you just bought?
m
l
March 22, 2012 10:17:57 PM

is it a 13 or 15" model?

you CANNOT use a 13" Charger to charge a 15" MBP

you CAN use a 15" Charger to charge a 13" MBP
m
l
March 23, 2012 1:54:25 AM

Rutterbutter said:
Hopefully someone else here can solve this mystery. I just replaced my battery because it wasn't holding much charge and the new battery won't charge at all !! The battery indicator says "Not Charging" and the light on my power cord stays green. I've tried rebooting . Power off completely and restarting. I've even reset the PRAM with no success. why would this be the case? I even re-installed the old battery and it tries to charge ! Heeeelp
The new battery is a stiff. I would exchange it again.
m
l
!