the retail channel is saved!

Last response: in Video Games
May 1, 2005 8:50:16 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

the retail channel, the core of the pc game market is saved!
the attack started in november last year by tyrant valve using
damaging steam has finally ended!
the retail channel has won!
the pc game market has won!
pc games and pc gamers have won!
greedy monopolistic valve has lost!
abusive and damaging steam has lost!
long live pc games!
down to steam and valve!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

More about : retail channel saved

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 9:51:57 PM

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> the retail channel, the core of the pc game market is saved!
> the attack started in november last year by tyrant valve using
> damaging steam has finally ended!
> the retail channel has won!
> the pc game market has won!
> pc games and pc gamers have won!
> greedy monopolistic valve has lost!
> abusive and damaging steam has lost!
> long live pc games!
> down to steam and valve!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

What if Valve releases games via Retail channel through a different
publisher, or indeed what if they manage to self publish through retail?
With Steam still part and parcel of the product?
May 1, 2005 11:39:08 PM

"Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message

> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> x-no-archive: yes
>>
>> the retail channel, the core of the pc game market is saved!
>> the attack started in november last year by tyrant valve using
>> damaging steam has finally ended!
>> the retail channel has won!
>> the pc game market has won!
>> pc games and pc gamers have won!
>> greedy monopolistic valve has lost!
>> abusive and damaging steam has lost!
>> long live pc games!
>> down to steam and valve!
>>
>> --
>> post made in a steam-free computer
>> i said "NO" to valve and steam
>>

> What if Valve releases games via Retail channel through a different
> publisher, or indeed what if they manage to self publish through retail?
> With Steam still part and parcel of the product?

Then I will definately not be buying it.
!