Video problems render computer useless

Recently, a "hot fix" complicated my life by rendering my
video drivers useless. I hoped SP2 would fix it, but no
it didn't.
I have a GeForce 5200 video card with 64 mg ram. My NVida
drivers have been updated, as I was directed by the
updates and/or crash messages. I even re-formatted my
hard drive and reinstalled XP Professional,all original
drivers and all the updates to everything.
Now,everytime I try to send email, install a program, go
to certain websites, or any other normal activity, my
display gets a "line" composed of something that looks
like travelling hyphens about every two inches across the
screen, and the screen usually freezes, making a graceful
restart an impossibility.
What can be done? School has started, and I NEED my
computer!

Try removing the card and use another slot if its pci,if agp
and you have on-board,remove the card and try on-board.
Youll probably need to configure this in the BIOS.

Get the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com

Also ensure DirectX is up to date: www.microsoft.com\directx

www.coribright.com