ATI DVD and Live Video

August 26, 2004 4:44:28 PM

I have an ATI card installed in my computer which plays my
DVD's. I can use the DVD player fine, but when I have to
use Live Video I have to close out of the DVD player, open
live video, do what I have to do in live video, then close
live video and restart the DVD player. Is there any way
that I can reconfigure and be able to just PAUSE the DVD,
use live video, and when I am finished restart the DVD?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in
advance.

More about : ati dvd live video

August 26, 2004 7:06:16 PM

And what has ATI said?

"IRIS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an ATI card installed in my computer which plays my
> DVD's. I can use the DVD player fine, but when I have to
> use Live Video I have to close out of the DVD player, open
> live video, do what I have to do in live video, then close
> live video and restart the DVD player. Is there any way
> that I can reconfigure and be able to just PAUSE the DVD,
> use live video, and when I am finished restart the DVD?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in
> advance.
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 2:56:28 AM

Why not use a third party DVD program like WinDVD?
It is a much better program than the "light' dvd player that comes from ATI,
and if the *rest* of your system is up to it, you can watch live tv and dvd
at the same time. You don't specify which ATI card you have, but in order
to do both at the same time I would recommend a card that has 128MB of video
RAM.

Bobby

> And what has ATI said?
>
> "IRIS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have an ATI card installed in my computer which plays my
>> DVD's. I can use the DVD player fine, but when I have to
>> use Live Video I have to close out of the DVD player, open
>> live video, do what I have to do in live video, then close
>> live video and restart the DVD player. Is there any way
>> that I can reconfigure and be able to just PAUSE the DVD,
>> use live video, and when I am finished restart the DVD?
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in
>> advance.

August 27, 2004 3:12:22 PM

Your card has MPEG2 decoding capabilities in the hardware which is also used
by the LiveVideo. It seems that the drivers are not sophisticated enough to
allow both functions in parallel or without one shutting down completely.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for movie maker

!