Can this be done with Ghost 9?

Hello, All!

I have an 80gb IDE drive. I am likely going to get a Raptor 36gb SATA drive.
The IDE is setup with 7 partitions, only 3 of which I intend to install on
the Raptor. They are about 26 gb total. If I setup the Raptor with 3
partitions, each of which will be slightly larger than the corresponding
partition on the IDE drive but none of which will be the same size as the
IDE partitions I want to copy onto it, is Ghost smart enough to copy the
images for each of the partitions to the new drive and not reduce the
available capacity of the Raptor partitions?

Thanks.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com

Colonel Blip <colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com>
wrote in message news:421f1085$1_2@127.0.0.1...

> I have an 80gb IDE drive. I am likely going to get a Raptor
> 36gb SATA drive. The IDE is setup with 7 partitions, only
> 3 of which I intend to install on the Raptor. They are about
> 26 gb total. If I setup the Raptor with 3 partitions,

You dont normally do it like that with modern cloning programs.

The usual way to do it is to clone the 3 partitions to the
new drive one at a time and specify the size of the copy
of each at setup time. You dont normally create the
partitions outside the program used to do the cloning.

> each of which will be slightly larger than the corresponding
> partition on the IDE drive but none of which will be the same
> size as the IDE partitions I want to copy onto it, is Ghost
> smart enough to copy the images for each of the partitions

You dont actually have images in that situation.

You basically copy from the original partition
to the new one, partition by partition.

> to the new drive and not reduce the
> available capacity of the Raptor partitions?

Yep.

Hello, Rod!
You wrote on Sat, 26 Feb 2005 05:39:03 +1100:

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: colonel.blip@nospampleasebigfoot.com