  • MPEG
  • Media Player
  • Windows XP
August 27, 2004 10:47:54 AM

I am using Media Player 9.0 (Windows XP SP1) as my
default player and cannot stream .mpeg files over the
Internet. I can , however, stream the same file(s) if I
select RealOne Player as my deafult .mpeg player.

I can also play the same .mpeg file (in Media Player)
from my hard drive.

When I click on a .mpeg (on the Internet) I notice that
the CPU usage goes up to 100% and causes everything to
hang.

More about : media player stream mpeg files

Anonymous
August 28, 2004 2:11:02 AM

the same thing is happening to me. i have sp2 though, i can't seem to find
anything on microsofts web support to fix it.

"wilbury" wrote:

> I am using Media Player 9.0 (Windows XP SP1) as my
> default player and cannot stream .mpeg files over the
> Internet. I can , however, stream the same file(s) if I
> select RealOne Player as my deafult .mpeg player.
>
> I can also play the same .mpeg file (in Media Player)
> from my hard drive.
>
> When I click on a .mpeg (on the Internet) I notice that
> the CPU usage goes up to 100% and causes everything to
> hang.

Anonymous
August 28, 2004 2:28:00 PM

I tried re-installing Microsoft DirectX 9.0c End-Use
Runtime for Windows Media PLayer 9 (see link below), but
it still didn't make a difference. I still cannot stream
MPEG-1 video using Media Player.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?
url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm