Media Player Won't Stream .MPEG Files

I am using Media Player 9.0 (Windows XP SP1) as my
default player and cannot stream .mpeg files over the
Internet. I can , however, stream the same file(s) if I
select RealOne Player as my deafult .mpeg player.

I can also play the same .mpeg file (in Media Player)
from my hard drive.

When I click on a .mpeg (on the Internet) I notice that
the CPU usage goes up to 100% and causes everything to
hang.
2 answers Last reply
More about media player stream mpeg files

    the same thing is happening to me. i have sp2 though, i can't seem to find
    anything on microsofts web support to fix it.

    "wilbury" wrote:

    > I am using Media Player 9.0 (Windows XP SP1) as my
    > default player and cannot stream .mpeg files over the
    > Internet. I can , however, stream the same file(s) if I
    > select RealOne Player as my deafult .mpeg player.
    >
    > I can also play the same .mpeg file (in Media Player)
    > from my hard drive.
    >
    > When I click on a .mpeg (on the Internet) I notice that
    > the CPU usage goes up to 100% and causes everything to
    > hang.

    I tried re-installing Microsoft DirectX 9.0c End-Use
    Runtime for Windows Media PLayer 9 (see link below), but
    it still didn't make a difference. I still cannot stream
    MPEG-1 video using Media Player.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?
    url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm

Video MPEG Media Player Windows XP