vcd drivers

To whom it may concern:

I am having problems watching certain VCDs with my Windows Media Player
9. I know that the VCD works as I have played it on other computers. I
have Windows XP. I have downloaded the Gspot v2.5 beta program and it says
that I have all the required codecs to run the vcd, but it also states
that I am missing the VW PSQuick Grab. Type = REND. It says that I am
missing driver files for it. Could that be the problem and how can I get
those drivers. When I play the VCD, it seems to play but there is no
picture or sound. It also says the time of the file is 43970:22:24 when I
know the actual time of the file is 58 minutes. What can I do?
Thanks.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Can you play it using Media Player Classic ?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

"iq" <iq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> To whom it may concern:
>
> I am having problems watching certain VCDs with my Windows Media Player
> 9. I know that the VCD works as I have played it on other computers. I
> have Windows XP. I have downloaded the Gspot v2.5 beta program and it says
> that I have all the required codecs to run the vcd, but it also states
> that I am missing the VW PSQuick Grab. Type = REND. It says that I am
> missing driver files for it. Could that be the problem and how can I get
> those drivers. When I play the VCD, it seems to play but there is no
> picture or sound. It also says the time of the file is 43970:22:24 when I
> know the actual time of the file is 58 minutes. What can I do?
> Thanks.

HI. I have tried windows media classic and it gives the same result. It
seems to play but there is no audio or video. It works on other computers
and on my dvd player which is connected to my television set. Any other
ideas?

"Rehan" wrote:

> Can you play it using Media Player Classic ?
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/
>

> --
> Rehan
> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
>

> "iq" <iq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > To whom it may concern:
> >
> > I am having problems watching certain VCDs with my Windows Media Player
> > 9. I know that the VCD works as I have played it on other computers. I
> > have Windows XP. I have downloaded the Gspot v2.5 beta program and it says
> > that I have all the required codecs to run the vcd, but it also states
> > that I am missing the VW PSQuick Grab. Type = REND. It says that I am
> > missing driver files for it. Could that be the problem and how can I get
> > those drivers. When I play the VCD, it seems to play but there is no
> > picture or sound. It also says the time of the file is 43970:22:24 when I
> > know the actual time of the file is 58 minutes. What can I do?
> > Thanks.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Get the latest graphics card drivers and install. Do that even if these are
already installed. Try the VCD after that.
Same for the following. Re-install these and try after each one.

DirectX
Windows Media Encoder
Service Pack 2
Windows Media Player 10