Raid 0+1 Impossible on win2k

asdf

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2002
Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

I'm certain that I misunderstand something in the following MS KB article

Ity states that striped volume can not be mirrored. However I remember
seeing RAID 0+1 being setup on windows.
Or does it mean that it was Hardware RAID setup rather then software one?

thank you

Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

I doesn't say striping a set of mirrored volumes is forbidden (RAID 10).

"asdf" <dfsa@sadf.com> wrote in message news:wO9Vd.27144$Uo4.21644@fe08.lga...
> I'm certain that I misunderstand something in the following MS KB article
>
> Ity states that striped volume can not be mirrored. However I remember
> seeing RAID 0+1 being setup on windows.
> Or does it mean that it was Hardware RAID setup rather then software one?
>
> thank you

Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:49:40 -0800, "Eric Gisin"
<ericgisin@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I doesn't say striping a set of mirrored volumes is forbidden (RAID 10).

or mirroring a set of stripes.

Win2k will do raid 0, 1, or 5. You need hardware or hardware-assisted
raid to do nested levels.

Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

> Win2k will do raid 0, 1, or 5. You need hardware or hardware-assisted
> raid to do nested levels.

Or products like Veritas VxVM, which is a full version of what is called
"Dynamic Disk" in Windows.

--
Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
StorageCraft Corporation