looking for VERY SMALL USB thumb drive

Hello

Last year I've seen a VERY SMALL USB thumb drive being used by a
customer from the United States. But so far I couldn't locate this in
Germany.

I'll try to describe this and would like you to tell me the manufacturer
of such devices if you think you know them.

OK, here I go:

It was early 2004, the thumb drive had a capacity of 256 MB and it was a
USB 2.0 device. (I think a combination of features like that wasn't even
available here at all during early 2004, but I may be wrong.)
The physical size of the device was about the part of a human thumb
until the first joint if you start counting at the fingernail. The
device was also very thin. Maybe 2 or 3 mm. The last thing I remember
very well is that the connector was not the typical USB thumb drive
connector but it looked more or less like a piece of the thumb drive's
PCB without any kind of stabilizing stuff around it.

I'd appreciate if you could Cc your reply to my mail box.

thanks,

Thomas

Thomas Adams wrote:

> Hello
>
> Last year I've seen a VERY SMALL USB thumb drive being used by a
> customer from the United States. But so far I couldn't locate this in
> Germany.
>
> I'll try to describe this and would like you to tell me the manufacturer
> of such devices if you think you know them.
>
> OK, here I go:
>
> It was early 2004, the thumb drive had a capacity of 256 MB and it was a
> USB 2.0 device. (I think a combination of features like that wasn't even
> available here at all during early 2004, but I may be wrong.)
> The physical size of the device was about the part of a human thumb
> until the first joint if you start counting at the fingernail. The
> device was also very thin. Maybe 2 or 3 mm. The last thing I remember
> very well is that the connector was not the typical USB thumb drive
> connector but it looked more or less like a piece of the thumb drive's
> PCB without any kind of stabilizing stuff around it.
>
> I'd appreciate if you could Cc your reply to my mail box.

Froogle "USB flash drive 256MB" and you get approximately 115,000 hits,
about 5000 of them confirmed. It's a common item in the US and comes in a
wide range of styles, in capacities up to 4 GB.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Thomas,

I think this is what you're talking about:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-214-007

I have a couple of them and they work great!

Regards,
Eric

Thomas Adams <thomas.o.adams@gmail.com> wrote in news:42263e18$1
@olaf.komtel.net: