Video card driver problem

I am using windows xp and don't seem to have a driver
installed for the video card. How do I find out what type
of video card I have so that I can install the right
driver?

"Sally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using windows xp and don't seem to have a driver
> installed for the video card. How do I find out what type
> of video card I have so that I can install the right
> driver?

Device Manager should tell you. Click Start, then right-click on My
Computer, then click on Properties. Click the Hardware tab, and then on
the Device Manager button. Look under "Display Adapters;" that's your
video card. You can right-click on your video card listing to get more
information, including what driver version it is currently using. From
there you can also update your driver, but to get the very latest drivers
for your video card you should visit the manufacturer's website.

HTH,
Ian.