Booting from an external harddrive

Hi,

I am trying to boot a segate 120gb barrcuda(internal drive but i made
it external using the 5.25" enclosure ) which has windows 2000 server
on my dell inspiron 700m laptop.The bios of 700m (phoenix bios)has an
option to boot from a USB hard drive but my computer does not do it
.....:(

Can some one plzz help me ....
Thanks,
Ram

Windows 2000's ntldr does not load the USB driver at boot time.

Only IDE, SCSI, and 1394 are marked as boot start value.

<sriraam@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to boot a segate 120gb barrcuda(internal drive but i made
> it external using the 5.25" enclosure ) which has windows 2000 server
> on my dell inspiron 700m laptop.The bios of 700m (phoenix bios)has an
> option to boot from a USB hard drive but my computer does not do it

TRENDING THREADS