windows movie maker has encountered a problem

When I use MovieMaker2, Powerproducer or Powerdirector and try to capture
video from
my TV card the programs display an error box which basically says for example
windows movie maker has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenince." The program continues to function and completes
the capture but when I close the error bow it freezes the screen and I have
to end the program using task manager. Can someone help ?

Do you have the latest drivers for your TV Card?
www.coribright.com

Also check out www.papajohn.org who has lots of info on MM.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

> Do you have the latest drivers for your TV Card?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Bob Neumann" <BobNeumann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I use MovieMaker2, Powerproducer or Powerdirector and try to
capture
> > video from
> > my TV card the programs display an error box which basically says for
> > example
> > windows movie maker has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> > sorry for the inconvenince." The program continues to function and
> > completes
> > the capture but when I close the error bow it freezes the screen and I
> > have
> > to end the program using task manager. Can someone help ?

I solved the problem by first renaming the quicktime file quicktime.qts and
then by removing Quicktime altogether, it seem that it interferrs with the TV
card driver and other capture type of problems.
I have now purchased a licence for Power Director 3 it is just great for
Captuing/editing/authorising and burning DVD.
Thanks for your help
Bob