Card reader for PDA?

May 10, 2004 8:36:42 PM

Is there such a thing as a card reader for a 4150 or other such pda? USB to
SD, CF or other that will plug in to the handheld for reading or writing
data?

More about : card reader pda

Anonymous
May 11, 2004 2:47:25 AM

No because iPAQ 4150 does not have a real USB port. "Real" means an USB host
port which would allow you to connect other peripherals. All such devices
(card readers, cameras and PDAs) are equiped with slave USB port. Two slave
devices can not connect. Only slave <-> host connection can be established.

Although there are some PDAs which have host USB port - some Toshibas, Casio
E200 and few more.

--

..: Jakub KaƱczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl

DUH!
I just realized it be better to carry a USB SD card reader and plug that
into the desktop or laptop for transfer and use the PDAs native card.
Andy
"Andy Lutz" <caldex@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Is there such a thing as a card reader for a 4150 or other such pda? USB
> SD, CF or other that will plug in to the handheld for reading or writing
> data?

Anonymous
May 11, 2004 7:53:21 PM

Plus... depending on the device's slot, if it's a CF slot there are some
CF->SD/MMC converters around and the Ipaq's with sleeve capabilities can
access almost any card format using pcmcia multi card readers.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!