old monitor + new computer = LARGE FONT

Got a new computer running windows xp.
Have an old Dell monitor (1997 vintage).
Can not reset my font size to smaller. All I am allowed
to run at is 800x600. Can not get Dell to help me. Can
not find a new driver for this old thing.
Any suggestions short of a new monitor (I'm cheap).
1 answer Last reply
More about monitor computer large font

    Update the drivers for your graphics card. Then you should be able to use
    1024 x 768 or higher. If you're talking about LESS resolution, the only
    option for less than 800 x 600 is to use F8 at startup and choose either
    Safe Mode or VGA mode, both of which are going to look pretty horrible....
    I'm not sure exactly which 'way' you want to go.
    www.coribright.com

    "sk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Got a new computer running windows xp.
    > Have an old Dell monitor (1997 vintage).
    > Can not reset my font size to smaller. All I am allowed
    > to run at is 800x600. Can not get Dell to help me. Can
    > not find a new driver for this old thing.
    > Any suggestions short of a new monitor (I'm cheap).

Video Dell Computers Font Monitors Windows XP