Hitachi 7K250 SATA drive - anyone experiencing unrecoverab..

Hi foks. I am wondering if anyone can comment on the rate of unrecoverable
ECC errors reported by their Hitachi 7K250 SATA drive. I am particularly
interested in the HDS722525VLSA80. Have you experienced any such errors?
2 answers Last reply
More about hitachi 7k250 sata drive experiencing unrecoverab

    Cyberia wrote:
    | Hi foks. I am wondering if anyone can comment on the rate of
    | unrecoverable ECC errors reported by their Hitachi 7K250 SATA drive.
    | I am particularly interested in the HDS722525VLSA80. Have you
    | experienced any such errors?

    HDS7225_80_VLSA80
    I have had no errors with my RAID 0 setup around November 04.

    "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    > Cyberia wrote:
    > | Hi foks. I am wondering if anyone can comment on the rate of
    > | unrecoverable ECC errors reported by their Hitachi 7K250 SATA drive.
    > | I am particularly interested in the HDS722525VLSA80. Have you
    > | experienced any such errors?
    >
    > HDS7225_80_VLSA80
    > I have had no errors with my RAID 0 setup around November 04.

    Thanks for the response. Do you defrag any partition of the array
    periodically? How often?

Hitachi SATA Storage