Pilgrim

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am not allowed by my network to upgrade to Windows Xp
service pack 2, still running service pack 1. Movie maker
is version 1. I am also not allowed to use windows update.
Will movie maker 2.1 work under windows xp SP1? If not,
where can I get movie maker 2.0? Microsoft's web site
seems to insist on providing obly the latest versions.

Unfortunately MovieMaker 2.0 was removed when SP2 was released.
www.coribright.com

"pilgrim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am not allowed by my network to upgrade to Windows Xp
> service pack 2, still running service pack 1. Movie maker
> is version 1. I am also not allowed to use windows update.
> Will movie maker 2.1 work under windows xp SP1? If not,
> where can I get movie maker 2.0? Microsoft's web site
> seems to insist on providing obly the latest versions.

I have the same problem. Our network is a combination of Novell, Micorsoft
and Unix so we cannot use Service Pack 2 as it breaks everything else.

I found a download of MovieMaker 2.0 without the service pack here:

http://www.download.com/3000-2194-10165075.html

Sam

"pilgrim" wrote:

> I am not allowed by my network to upgrade to Windows Xp
> service pack 2, still running service pack 1. Movie maker
> is version 1. I am also not allowed to use windows update.
> Will movie maker 2.1 work under windows xp SP1? If not,
> where can I get movie maker 2.0? Microsoft's web site
> seems to insist on providing obly the latest versions.

I downloaded MM2 form the site I posted,
http://www.download.com/3000-2194-10165075.html but when I try to install,
get an error so I guess that was futile. Sorry