PC out to TV

With Windows XP, after installing cables from computer to
TV, did not get Desktop to show on TV.
I did go to Video on TV.
I also tried to go to Display, but only one Bridge came
up, and had no place to change to TV.
It is as if the connection was not recognized.
Can someone help.
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    After connecting the tv to the PC and turning on the TV, did you reboot the
    PC? No version of Windows can 'see' a device that is turned off, and since
    a standard television isn't exactly plug and play (in Windows terms), you
    need to restart the PC so that Windows can now 'see' there is a TV attached
    to it.
    www.coribright.com

    "Norm" <diver@allvantage.com> wrote in message
    > With Windows XP, after installing cables from computer to
    > TV, did not get Desktop to show on TV.
    > I did go to Video on TV.
    > I also tried to go to Display, but only one Bridge came
    > up, and had no place to change to TV.
    > It is as if the connection was not recognized.
    > Can someone help.
    > Thanks

    Usually you have to config the display settings in XP by
    right-clicking on the desktop, selecting properites, then
    the settings tab. Click the blue square labeled "2".
    You can drag this to the orientation you would like it
    with your current PC monitor as your origin. Then check
    the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor".

    ~Rich

Video TV Windows XP