trouble capturing video from camcorder via USB

I have a USB cable that connects my camcorder (Sony
Handycam Vision CCDTRV608) to my computer. Whenever I
plug this in and turn on the camera, a little thing pops
up that says "New Hardware Found". If I click on that,
it goes to the Add Hardware Wizard. There's nothing
listed that seems to be right, and when I try to let it
choose what software to install, it can't find any. Then
it searches the internet for it, and it still can't find
it.

Inside Intervideo WinDVD Creator, I click Capture and
nothing happens. There are no devices listed in the
device list. I read all the help files I could find, but
I am at a loss.

I installed another program that is supposed to capture
video (Ulead VideoStudio 8.0) If I click capture in this
program, it says "Either no video capture driver is
installed in this sytem, or no device is connected."
What does that mean? How do I know what video capture
driver I need and where do I get it?

I'm running Windows XP Pro.
1 answer Last reply
More about trouble capturing video camcorder

    "s.diamond@mchsi.com" wrote:

    > I have a USB cable that connects my camcorder (Sony
    > Handycam Vision CCDTRV608) to my computer. Whenever I
    > plug this in and turn on the camera, a little thing pops
    > up that says "New Hardware Found". If I click on that,
    > it goes to the Add Hardware Wizard. There's nothing
    > listed that seems to be right, and when I try to let it
    > choose what software to install, it can't find any. Then
    > it searches the internet for it, and it still can't find
    > it.
    >
    > Inside Intervideo WinDVD Creator, I click Capture and
    > nothing happens. There are no devices listed in the
    > device list. I read all the help files I could find, but
    > I am at a loss.
    >
    > I installed another program that is supposed to capture
    > video (Ulead VideoStudio 8.0) If I click capture in this
    > program, it says "Either no video capture driver is
    > installed in this sytem, or no device is connected."
    > What does that mean? How do I know what video capture
    > driver I need and where do I get it?
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Video Camcorders USB Windows XP