Creating Ghost 8 CD's

BlackSage

I have images already created using Ghost and am storing them on my
hard drive. What I am after is how to take these images and put them
on a bootable DVD that will auto install the spanned image when they
are booted from.

I am using Ghost 8.

Thanks.

~Sage

blacksage <zackwagner@solutionary-dot-com.no-spam.invalid>
wrote in message news:422ce0b2$1_5@alt.athenanews.com...

> I have images already created using Ghost and am storing
> them on my hard drive. What I am after is how to take these
> images and put them on a bootable DVD that will auto install
> the spanned image when they are booted from.

I dont know any way of doing that now, tho its likely possible.

What is easy enough to do is to do some sort of image creation
to DVD and then abort that once its got started, to produce a
bootable DVD, and write the images you have on the hard drive
to another DVD and boot the first one and manually initiate a
restore from the second DVD after the first has booted.

It will likely pause between the images for manual confirmation tho.

> blacksage <zackwagner@solutionary-dot-com.no-spam.invalid>
> wrote in message news:422ce0b2$1_5@alt.athenanews.com...
>
>> I have images already created using Ghost and am storing
>> them on my hard drive. What I am after is how to take these
>> images and put them on a bootable DVD that will auto install
>> the spanned image when they are booted from.
>
> I dont know any way of doing that now, tho its likely possible.
>
> What is easy enough to do is to do some sort of image creation
> to DVD and then abort that once its got started, to produce a
> bootable DVD, and write the images you have on the hard drive
> to another DVD and boot the first one and manually initiate a
> restore from the second DVD after the first has booted.
>
> It will likely pause between the images for manual confirmation tho.
>
>> I am using Ghost 8.

And after you restore manually, you should be able to save
a new image of the restored partition or drive to DVDs again
and then that DVD(s) should be what you want.

peter

> I have images already created using Ghost and am storing them on my
> hard drive. What I am after is how to take these images and put them
> on a bootable DVD that will auto install the spanned image when they
> are booted from.
> I am using Ghost 8.
> Thanks.
> ~Sage

To answer your question, one needs to know:
1. Do you need to keep repeating that process, or is it one time only?
2. Is that a single image with multiple segments (files)?
3. Does the image fit on a single DVD?
4. How image was created? Directly to disk or CD-R?
5. What are the segment file names (with .GHS or .001, .002...?)
6. Did you ever created bootable DVD with DOS OS and logical
drive letter assigned to DVD?
7. Do you need promted or completely hands off reimaging
after PC boots of that DVD?
8. What device you want image to be loaded to: IDE, SCSI, SATA,
USB hard drive?