more personal attacks...

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

more personal attacks...
its nothing new in this group and only shows what i've been
saying all along, this place is dominated by a small bunch
of people which only insult and makes personal attacks and
don't add anything good
but that is worthless and what is really important is last
week the news came out about vivendi and valve going apart
and so what does this really mean
.. means vivendi will stop being damaged by selling retail
pc games with steam, so a win for vivendi
.. means the retail channel will no longer be infected by
steam technology, a obvious win for the retail channel
.. means pc gamers will no longer be deceived and lied about
a retail product sold in stores which is against consumer
rights
.. means valve will no longer be able to infect the retail
channel with their abusive and damaging steam technology

bottom line pc games win, that's really what matters... as
for all personal insults i don't give a damn about them when
i see good news and valve being stoped in making pc games a
total monopoly

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

    > so a win for vivendi means the retail channel
    > will no longer be infected by steam technology

    You don't really get it do you?
    Vivendi lost big time

    And try to guess why if you can, if not try a second guess and think a
    little harder this time
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    steamKILLER wrote:
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > more personal attacks...
    > its nothing new in this group and only shows what i've been
    > saying all along, this place is dominated by a small bunch
    > of people which only insult and makes personal attacks and
    > don't add anything good

    Hmmm, I can only see one person fitting that description

    > but that is worthless and what is really important is last
    > week the news came out about vivendi and valve going apart
    > and so what does this really mean
    > . means vivendi will stop being damaged by selling retail
    > pc games with steam, so a win for vivendi
    > . means the retail channel will no longer be infected by
    > steam technology, a obvious win for the retail channel
    > . means pc gamers will no longer be deceived and lied about
    > a retail product sold in stores which is against consumer
    > rights
    > . means valve will no longer be able to infect the retail
    > channel with their abusive and damaging steam technology
    >
    > bottom line pc games win, that's really what matters... as
    > for all personal insults i don't give a damn about them when
    > i see good news and valve being stoped in making pc games a
    > total monopoly

    Bottom line goes here:
    >From planethalflife (interview with Doug Lombardi)

    <quote>
    Update: With the obvious question on everyone's mind, "What happens to
    the retail products after August?", I asked Doug Lombardi what the
    current plans are. His response: "We are making arrangements to
    continue retail distribution of our products post August 31. Should
    have more details to share soon."
    </quote>

    LOL - Steamkiller - what a joke
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    steamKILLER wrote:

    > more personal attacks...
    > its nothing new in this group and only shows what i've been
    > saying all along, this place is dominated by a small bunch
    > of people which only insult and makes personal attacks and
    > don't add anything good

    It's because we are a bunch of "senile unfaithful sold out steam infected
    false pc gamers."
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    steamKILLER wrote:
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > more personal attacks...
    >
    > bottom line pc games win, that's really what matters... as
    > for all personal insults i don't give a damn about them when
    > i see good news and valve being stoped in making pc games a
    > total monopoly
    >
    > --
    > post made in a steam-free computer
    > i said "NO" to valve and steam

    Not posted about all the rubbish that has been mentioned in here about
    Steam since it came out, but you do know surely that this was actually a
    win for Valve and not Vivendi? I guess not.

    --
    Byron Hinson
    My Photography

    > more personal attacks...

    Is that a request ?
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On 2 May 2005 00:41:10 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >more personal attacks...
    >its nothing new in this group and only shows what i've been
    >saying all along, this place is dominated by a small bunch
    >of people which only insult and makes personal attacks and
    >don't add anything good

    You are spamming the group moron: of the last 10 threads in
    ..strategic, you have started 7 of them (plus 2 more by that
    idiot Christian guy). You deserve what you get.

    [Now it may be a commentary on how far the .strat group has
    fallen that there are so few legitimate games worth talking
    about anymore that the void has to be filled by spammers,
    but that's a separate issue]

    John DiFool the 1st
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    John DiFool <sorry@spammerscrewedme.com> once tried to test me with:

    > [Now it may be a commentary on how far the .strat group has
    > fallen that there are so few legitimate games worth talking
    > about anymore that the void has to be filled by spammers,
    > but that's a separate issue]

    I think it's a lack of participants rather than a lack of games. Within the
    last year we've had:

    Act of War: Direct Action
    Chris Sawyer's Locomotion
    Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour
    Darwinia
    Empire Earth II
    Gary Grisby's World at War
    Heritage of Kings: The Settlers
    Hidden Stroke II
    Kohan II Kings of War
    Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth
    Rome: Total War
    Sid Meier's Pirates!
    Silent Hunter III
    Stronghold II
    The Sims II (not sure this counts but eh)
    Spellforce: Order of Dawn
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
    Zoo Tycoon 2

    Ok I'm tired of typing. Just look at www.strategyinformer.com's release
    schedule, there's tons of strategy games out now and coming out.

    The thing is NO ONE is talking about strategy games here. It's dead. They
    must be all gone to web forums. I posted a link to my HOK review and NO ONE
    responded (if you did then I'm sorry I missed it). I mean, the games are
    there. But the participants aren't.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Knight37 wrote:

    > The thing is NO ONE is talking about strategy games here. It's dead.
    > They must be all gone to web forums. I posted a link to my HOK review
    > and NO ONE responded (if you did then I'm sorry I missed it). I mean,
    > the games are there. But the participants aren't.

    Or sayNO2difool drove them all away.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    In message <1115019670.036012.73160@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    steamKILLER <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> writes
    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >more personal attacks...
    >its nothing new in this group and only shows what i've been
    >saying all along, this place is dominated by a small bunch
    >of people which only insult and makes personal attacks and
    >don't add anything good
    >but that is worthless and what is really important is last
    >week the news came out about vivendi and valve going apart
    >and so what does this really mean
    >. means vivendi will stop being damaged by selling retail
    >pc games with steam, so a win for vivendi
    Vivendi lost. The fact that this basic point seems to have evaded you
    only emphasis how far removed you are from reality.
    --
    John Secker
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Byron Hinson" <byron@activewin.com> wrote in message
    > steamKILLER wrote:
    >> x-no-archive: yes
    >>
    >> more personal attacks...
    >>
    >> bottom line pc games win, that's really what matters... as
    >> for all personal insults i don't give a damn about them when
    >> i see good news and valve being stoped in making pc games a
    >> total monopoly
    >>
    >> --
    >> post made in a steam-free computer
    >> i said "NO" to valve and steam
    >>

    > Not posted about all the rubbish that has been mentioned in here about
    > Steam since it came out, but you do know surely that this was
    > actually a win for Valve and not Vivendi? I guess not.

    It was a big win for developers in general, Valve in particular, and a
    major knock in the head to Vivendi and publisher all over. EIDOS needs
    a knock in the head too :)
    McG.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > steamKILLER wrote:
    snippoety

    >> . means valve will no longer be able to infect the retail
    >> channel with their abusive and damaging steam technology
    >>
    >> bottom line pc games win, that's really what matters... as
    >> for all personal insults i don't give a damn about them when
    >> i see good news and valve being stoped in making pc games a
    >> total monopoly

    VALVE honest to goodness *SHOULD* have an absolute *MONOPOLY* on the
    software that *THEY* develop!!!!! What the hell is wrong with that?
    Their OWN software is the only thing they've tried to monopolize! And
    besides, Valve are already working on continuing RETAIL distribution of
    their OWN products after said deadline :) This is GOOD news for gamers
    and developers!!!! Hurrah!!!!!
    McG.

    > Bottom line goes here:
    >> From planethalflife (interview with Doug Lombardi)
    >
    > <quote>
    > Update: With the obvious question on everyone's mind, "What happens to
    > the retail products after August?", I asked Doug Lombardi what the
    > current plans are. His response: "We are making arrangements to
    > continue retail distribution of our products post August 31. Should
    > have more details to share soon."
    > </quote>
    >
    > LOL - Steamkiller - what a joke

    Sounds like good news to me! :)
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >more personal attacks...
    >its nothing new in this group and only shows what i've been
    >saying all along, this place is dominated by a small bunch
    >of people which only insult and makes personal attacks and
    >don't add anything good
    >but that is worthless and what is really important is last
    >week the news came out about vivendi and valve going apart
    >and so what does this really mean
    >. means vivendi will stop being damaged by selling retail
    >pc games with steam, so a win for vivendi
    >. means the retail channel will no longer be infected by
    >steam technology, a obvious win for the retail channel
    >. means pc gamers will no longer be deceived and lied about
    >a retail product sold in stores which is against consumer
    >rights
    >. means valve will no longer be able to infect the retail
    >channel with their abusive and damaging steam technology
    >
    >bottom line pc games win, that's really what matters... as
    >for all personal insults i don't give a damn about them when
    >i see good news and valve being stoped in making pc games a
    >total monopoly

    Fag.
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
    > "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>x-no-archive: yes
    >>
    >>more personal attacks...
    >>its nothing new in this group and only shows what i've been
    >>saying all along, this place is dominated by a small bunch
    >>of people which only insult and makes personal attacks and
    >>don't add anything good
    >>but that is worthless and what is really important is last
    >>week the news came out about vivendi and valve going apart
    >>and so what does this really mean
    >>. means vivendi will stop being damaged by selling retail
    >>pc games with steam, so a win for vivendi
    >>. means the retail channel will no longer be infected by
    >>steam technology, a obvious win for the retail channel
    >>. means pc gamers will no longer be deceived and lied about
    >>a retail product sold in stores which is against consumer
    >>rights
    >>. means valve will no longer be able to infect the retail
    >>channel with their abusive and damaging steam technology
    >>
    >>bottom line pc games win, that's really what matters... as
    >>for all personal insults i don't give a damn about them when
    >>i see good news and valve being stoped in making pc games a
    >>total monopoly
    >
    > Fag.

    How old are you ?

    steamKILLER wrote:
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > more personal attacks...
    > its nothing new in this group and only shows what i've been
    > saying all along, this place is dominated by a small bunch
    > of people which only insult and makes personal attacks and
    > don't add anything good

    a personal attack is a great rebuttal for a personal attack

    > but that is worthless and what is really important is last
    > week the news came out about vivendi and valve going apart
    > and so what does this really mean
    > . means vivendi will stop being damaged by selling retail
    > pc games with steam, so a win for vivendi
    > . means the retail channel will no longer be infected by
    > steam technology, a obvious win for the retail channel
    > . means pc gamers will no longer be deceived and lied about
    > a retail product sold in stores which is against consumer
    > rights
    > . means valve will no longer be able to infect the retail
    > channel with their abusive and damaging steam technology
    >
    > bottom line pc games win, that's really what matters... as
    > for all personal insults i don't give a damn about them when
    > i see good news and valve being stoped in making pc games a
    > total monopoly

    so how do I get a job like your's where a company pays you to try and
    damage a competitor's business? i guess the travel allowance is pretty
    small, huh?

    > --
    > post made in a steam-free computer
    > i said "NO" to valve and steam

  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On 2 May 2005 17:51:43 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

    >John DiFool <sorry@spammerscrewedme.com> once tried to test me with:
    >
    >> [Now it may be a commentary on how far the .strat group has
    >> fallen that there are so few legitimate games worth talking
    >> about anymore that the void has to be filled by spammers,
    >> but that's a separate issue]
    >
    >I think it's a lack of participants rather than a lack of games. Within the
    >last year we've had:
    >[...]

    Of the games you listed, a significant chunk of them haven't really gained
    much attention on the newsgroup. One reason is that the games weren't all
    that good (e.g. AI was extremely weak), while others could be the game was
    too easy and shelved. Either that, or the game really fits more closely
    into another genre.

    >The thing is NO ONE is talking about strategy games here. It's dead. They
    >must be all gone to web forums. I posted a link to my HOK review and NO ONE
    >responded (if you did then I'm sorry I missed it). I mean, the games are
    >there. But the participants aren't.

    I didn't even see your HOK review (at least not recently.)

    But still, most of the newsgroup readers are in the background - not on the
    front line since there haven't been impressive releases (or at least not as
    impressive as something like X-Com:UFO or Half-Life). Once something comes
    out, posts will spike.

    I heard Empire Earth II was released - how is it exactly? I generally look
    for two things. The first involves ordering a unit to attack, and watching
    it keep moving to the destination after the target is destroyed - in the
    style of Tiberian Sun. (I accept other easy workarounds, such as a
    Move-Fight command.) If it doesn't contain at least this, I consider the
    game to be yet another cheap RTS. (EE:II appears to meet the second
    requirement but that's because of the high AI difficulty setting.)

    I've only played the demo once, which isn't much analysis. After seeing
    reviews on Tom's Hardware, I'm willing to give a second chance with the
    demo.
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> once tried to test me with:

    > Knight37 wrote:
    >
    >> The thing is NO ONE is talking about strategy games here. It's dead.
    >> They must be all gone to web forums. I posted a link to my HOK review
    >> and NO ONE responded (if you did then I'm sorry I missed it). I mean,
    >> the games are there. But the participants aren't.
    >
    > Or sayNO2difool drove them all away.

    No, they were gone long before SayNo2Brains came along. He's only been
    around since February or so. When was the last time this group had any
    lengthy ON TOPIC threads?

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    >"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
    >> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>>x-no-archive: yes
    >>>
    >>>more personal attacks...
    >>>its nothing new in this group and only shows what i've been
    >>>saying all along, this place is dominated by a small bunch
    >>>of people which only insult and makes personal attacks and
    >>>don't add anything good
    >>>but that is worthless and what is really important is last
    >>>week the news came out about vivendi and valve going apart
    >>>and so what does this really mean
    >>>. means vivendi will stop being damaged by selling retail
    >>>pc games with steam, so a win for vivendi
    >>>. means the retail channel will no longer be infected by
    >>>steam technology, a obvious win for the retail channel
    >>>. means pc gamers will no longer be deceived and lied about
    >>>a retail product sold in stores which is against consumer
    >>>rights
    >>>. means valve will no longer be able to infect the retail
    >>>channel with their abusive and damaging steam technology
    >>>
    >>>bottom line pc games win, that's really what matters... as
    >>>for all personal insults i don't give a damn about them when
    >>>i see good news and valve being stoped in making pc games a
    >>>total monopoly
    >>
    >> Fag.
    >
    >How old are you ?

    Whoosh.
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

    > Act of War: Direct Action
    > Chris Sawyer's Locomotion
    > Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour
    > Darwinia
    > Empire Earth II
    > Gary Grisby's World at War
    > Heritage of Kings: The Settlers
    > Hidden Stroke II
    > Kohan II Kings of War
    > Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth
    > Rome: Total War
    > Sid Meier's Pirates!
    > Silent Hunter III
    > Stronghold II
    > The Sims II (not sure this counts but eh)
    > Spellforce: Order of Dawn
    > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
    > Zoo Tycoon 2

    Well, one reason I never post is that I mainly like turn-based 4x games,
    which last time I looked included successes like Civ and MOO. These are
    strategy games, but strangely, no-one seems to be making any of them.
    Thus, I lurk.

    (I haven't checked, but are _any_ of the games above purely turn-based?
    None of the ones I recognize are.)
    Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
    groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
    -- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    John Secker wrote:

    > Vivendi lost. The fact that this basic point seems to have evaded you
    > only emphasis how far removed you are from reality.

    Does no one read threads these days? Why the hell are 1500000000 people
    replying and saying the exact same thing???
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Well, you are sort of a nut.

    wrote:

    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >more personal attacks...
    >its nothing new in this group and only shows what i've been
    >saying all along, this place is dominated by a small bunch
    >of people which only insult and makes personal attacks and
    >don't add anything good
    >but that is worthless and what is really important is last
    >week the news came out about vivendi and valve going apart
    >and so what does this really mean
    >. means vivendi will stop being damaged by selling retail
    >pc games with steam, so a win for vivendi
    >. means the retail channel will no longer be infected by
    >steam technology, a obvious win for the retail channel
    >. means pc gamers will no longer be deceived and lied about
    >a retail product sold in stores which is against consumer
    >rights
    >. means valve will no longer be able to infect the retail
    >channel with their abusive and damaging steam technology
    >
    >bottom line pc games win, that's really what matters... as
    >for all personal insults i don't give a damn about them when
    >i see good news and valve being stoped in making pc games a
    >total monopoly
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Graeme Lindsell <graeme.lindsell@yahoo.com.au> once tried to test me with:

    > (I haven't checked, but are _any_ of the games above purely turn-based?
    > None of the ones I recognize are.)

    I don't think so. I don't know for sure on all of them but the vast
    majority of that list was real-time.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > x-no-archive: yes

    x-no-archive: no

    > more personal attacks...
    > its nothing new in this group

    This group? Your troll is cross posted to four different groups.

    > --
    > post made in a steam-free computer
    > i said "NO" to valve and steam

    > From: "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam yahoo.com>
    > Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life
    > Subject: more personal attacks...
    > Date: 2 May 2005 00:41:10 -0700

  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "TheLoanArranger" <somewhere@wallawallawalla.com> wrote:

    >> more personal attacks...
    >
    > Is that a request ?

    lol
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

    > The thing is NO ONE is talking about strategy games here. It's
    > dead. They must be all gone to web forums. I posted a link to my
    > HOK review and NO ONE responded (if you did then I'm sorry I
    > missed it). I mean, the games are there. But the participants
    > aren't.

    Maybe everyone missed LShaping?

Games IBM Video Games