Screen Resolution

Hi,
I have a compaq nx5000 notebook that I just purchased. I am unable to set my
screen resolution higher than 1024x768. Also I am unable to find driver for
the Plug and Play monitor as the current driver which is installed is by
Microsfot and is dateed 06/06/2001.

Please if anyone knows how to fix it ... let me know. this screen
resolution is killing me.

Thanx in adv.

You have a notebook... it is very important that your ONLY use drivers from
the HP website. Notebook components are made under specifications
specifically for the particular notebook manufacturer.

According to the HP website at
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/321957-64295-89315-321838-f33-395654.html
it should go to 1600x1200

Updated graphics driver is available at the HP website at
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/us/locate/63_5930.html#8
(It's an integrated Intel 855GM chip)
www.coribright.com