MPEG Video (including DVDs and VCDs) make my software error

Plague

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

I have tried using Power DVD, Win DVD and Windows Media Player to play DVD
movies and Mpeg movies that I have created. As soon as the software loads the
movie it sends an error message saying that it has encountered a problem and
needs to close.

I have tried reinstalling all software, I have even reinstalled Windows.

I have a Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz PC with 1.5Gb of DDR RAM
I am using Windows XP Pro
I have a graphics card with TV in and out
I am using an LG DVD-RW Drive

Anyone have any ideas?

What app did you use to make the movie? Which app did you use to make teh
dvd files? WHat settings did you use in both processes?
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"Plague" <Plague@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried using Power DVD, Win DVD and Windows Media Player to play DVD
> movies and Mpeg movies that I have created. As soon as the software loads
the
> movie it sends an error message saying that it has encountered a problem
and
> needs to close.
>
> I have tried reinstalling all software, I have even reinstalled Windows.
>
> I have a Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz PC with 1.5Gb of DDR RAM
> I am using Windows XP Pro
> I have a graphics card with TV in and out
> I am using an LG DVD-RW Drive
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Plague

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

This happens when I try to play DVDs that I have bought. The Mpeg movies that
I have created have been made in Adobe Premier Pro using their standard DVD
settings.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> What app did you use to make the movie? Which app did you use to make teh
> dvd files? WHat settings did you use in both processes?
> Graham
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
> "Plague" <Plague@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have tried using Power DVD, Win DVD and Windows Media Player to play DVD
> > movies and Mpeg movies that I have created. As soon as the software loads
> the
> > movie it sends an error message saying that it has encountered a problem
> and
> > needs to close.
> >
> > I have tried reinstalling all software, I have even reinstalled Windows.
> >
> > I have a Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz PC with 1.5Gb of DDR RAM
> > I am using Windows XP Pro
> > I have a graphics card with TV in and out
> > I am using an LG DVD-RW Drive
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas?

When reinstalling the software, have you now got directx 9c and wmp 10?

--
> This happens when I try to play DVDs that I have bought. The Mpeg movies
that
> I have created have been made in Adobe Premier Pro using their standard
DVD
> settings.
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > What app did you use to make the movie? Which app did you use to make
teh
> > dvd files? WHat settings did you use in both processes?
> > Graham
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> > "Plague" <Plague@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have tried using Power DVD, Win DVD and Windows Media Player to play
DVD
> > > movies and Mpeg movies that I have created. As soon as the software
loads
> > the
> > > movie it sends an error message saying that it has encountered a
problem
> > and
> > > needs to close.
> > >
> > > I have tried reinstalling all software, I have even reinstalled
Windows.

> > > I have a Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz PC with 1.5Gb of DDR RAM
> > > I am using Windows XP Pro
> > > I have a graphics card with TV in and out
> > > I am using an LG DVD-RW Drive
> > >
> > > Anyone have any ideas?

Plague

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

I have the latest Direct X installed but I only have WMP 9 at the moment

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> When reinstalling the software, have you now got directx 9c and wmp 10?
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
> "Plague" <Plague@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This happens when I try to play DVDs that I have bought. The Mpeg movies
> that
> > I have created have been made in Adobe Premier Pro using their standard
> DVD
> > settings.
> >
> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> > > What app did you use to make the movie? Which app did you use to make
> teh
> > > dvd files? WHat settings did you use in both processes?
> > > Graham
> > >
> > > --
> > > Graham Hughes
> > > MVP Digital Media
> > > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > > www.simplydv.com
> > > "Plague" <Plague@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> DVD
> loads
> > > the
> problem
> > > and

> Windows.

Have you checked to see if you have the latest drivers from the graphics
card manufacturer? Try reducing the acceleration setting on the card
slightly.
Graham