Movies do not show on external TV

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

I am using an s-video cable out of a laptop and into my
TV. I am able to see everything on my TV except a movie
I made with Movie maker. I see the media player on the
tv but where the video is, it is black. The video does
appear on my laptop screen. Has anyone seen this and
fixed it?

"Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using an s-video cable out of a laptop and into my
> TV. I am able to see everything on my TV except a movie
> I made with Movie maker. I see the media player on the
> tv but where the video is, it is black. The video does
> appear on my laptop screen. Has anyone seen this and
> fixed it?

Using Windows Media Player? Go to Tools|Options Performance tab. Reduce
"Video Acceleration."

HTH,
Ian.

"Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using an s-video cable out of a laptop and into my
> TV. I am able to see everything on my TV except a movie
> I made with Movie maker. I see the media player on the
> tv but where the video is, it is black. The video does
> appear on my laptop screen. Has anyone seen this and
> fixed it?

Tony

On my laptop (a Sony) I have to use Control Panel/Displays
to set the TV as the primary and the laptop screen as secondary
in order to view movies on a TV.

Dave