Generals does not command my attention

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I got C&C generals a few days ago, and I have to say I'm very dissappointed. There really is no story line to follow and the missions are boring. The units are kind of cool, I especially like the fact that you can upgrade units by winning on the battlefield. However, I've been pretty dissapointed with it overall. Anybody else have an opinion about generals?

If an argument can't be settled in one or two paragraphs, perhaps you're anal and should just let it go...

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i saw a freind play it for a while, looks like it would be fun playing on a lan.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
lol, nice title!

It's been a long time since I've played it, but I have to agree... boring. Nothing will ever beat red alert (as far as the C&C line goes).

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
as an rts i actually quite liked it... its fun and looks good, haved played it muliplayer tho but i hear its a laugh. my major gripe is oddly a small but niggly one. when u group units together there is no display of how many and of what type u have mixed up in the group!! silly.... every rts from the beginning shows whats in a group of units... it drives me mad when i play generals

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
yeah...that is a problem I encountered as well. It makes it hard to pick a particular unit out of a crown. Also, the lack of formations really bothered me. I wanted to keep weaker units protected in the back, but inevitably, they would race to the front of the line to get slaughtered *sigh*. Gmae play was good, and the graphics were very nice, but lack of story just killed it for me.

If an argument can't be settled in one or two paragraphs, perhaps you're anal and should just let it go...