D-Link 514 Wireless Router

Hi. I am new to networking. I want to extend my router's range (D-Link 514)
to wirelessly connect from my desktop's cable internet connection to my
laptop in a small building behind my house. The signal is very weak out
there. I have looked all over for info about an antenna for it but can only
seem to find info on later D-Link routers. Does anyone know of a signal
booster antenna or other hardware that will work with this router?

Thanks!

You could used a gain antenna. Found something like this on Compusa
"Hi Gain 6dB Omni-Directional Wireless Antenna, 802.11b, g"
Will improve your range. Just move it closer to outside building and there
ya go.

"Lauren" wrote:

> Hi. I am new to networking. I want to extend my router's range (D-Link 514)
> to wirelessly connect from my desktop's cable internet connection to my
> laptop in a small building behind my house. The signal is very weak out
> there. I have looked all over for info about an antenna for it but can only
> seem to find info on later D-Link routers. Does anyone know of a signal
> booster antenna or other hardware that will work with this router?
>
> Thanks!

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003