Repair NTFS partition on Win2000 machine

I am running Windows 2000. I have an external harddrive 120G connected
by USB 1.0. I formatted a 30 G Fat32 partition and the 90G is a NTFS
partition.

Now my NTFS parition is corrupted. The system explorer recognizes the
parition as drive I: but when I click on it, it says "Parition needs to
be reformatted"

Now, Is there a way I can repair the partition? Without lossing the
files I have in it?

Is there a way to recover the files?

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about repair ntfs partition win2000 machine

    Mainly boot sector is corrupted.
    I suggest you use partition table doctor.It provides very useful
    functions: Backup partition table, Restore partition table, Rebuild
    partition table, undelete partition,Fixboot.

    see more:http://www.ptdd.com

NTFS Partition External Hard Drive Storage