Repair NTFS partition on Win2000 machine

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
March 11, 2005 7:04:28 PM

I am running Windows 2000. I have an external harddrive 120G connected
by USB 1.0. I formatted a 30 G Fat32 partition and the 90G is a NTFS
partition.

Now my NTFS parition is corrupted. The system explorer recognizes the
parition as drive I: but when I click on it, it says "Parition needs to
be reformatted"

Now, Is there a way I can repair the partition? Without lossing the
files I have in it?

Is there a way to recover the files?

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 15, 2005 1:06:17 AM

Mainly boot sector is corrupted.
I suggest you use partition table doctor.It provides very useful
functions: Backup partition table, Restore partition table, Rebuild
partition table, undelete partition,Fixboot.

see more:http://www.ptdd.com