Media Player and Service Pack 2

After installing Service Pack 2, there is an audio problem with playback of Dolby encoded dvds. I'm using SPDIF as the output. Playback is fine until the pause button is hit, then after resumption of the DVD,there is no audio. If the video is stopped (as opposed to a pause) and restarted, there is no problem. This same behavior is exhibited also with Sonic Cinemaster and PowerDVD.

I loaded a backup of XP created before SP2 was installed and playback was normal after a pause. This problem does not occur using analogue playback.

Looks like a bug to me.

george

Hi George,

now I am sure that this is a bug. I was able to reproduce this behavior on 3
completely different PC (different mainboards, different soud chips...).
Everything worked fine until SP2 was installed. Then SPDIF of AC-3 sound
stopped working properly. I guess that DirectX 9.0c causes the problem.
Anyway I didn´t find any solution yet. If you find one, please publish it
here.

Robert