Trouble setting up VPN connection to Linksys WRV54G

May 11, 2004 1:09:13 AM

Hello,

I am trying to establish an IPSec connection from my Pocket PC 2003
(Premium) to my Linksys WRV54G VPN router.

I just can't get it working. Linksys keeps pointing me to the article
"KB10934290" - but this article only explains how to set up a connection
with Windows XP and talks about "IP Security Policies". Is it possible to
set up IP security policies on a Pocket PC or is there any third party
software that could help me set up the connection?

If anyone out there got this working, please let me know.

Thanks so much in advance,

Rudy
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 4:35:02 PM

Rudy wrote:

> I am trying to establish an IPSec connection from my Pocket PC 2003
> (Premium) to my Linksys WRV54G VPN router.
>
> I just can't get it working. Linksys keeps pointing me to the article
> "KB10934290" - but this article only explains how to set up a connection
> with Windows XP and talks about "IP Security Policies". Is it possible to
> set up IP security policies on a Pocket PC or is there any third party
> software that could help me set up the connection?

Pocket PC 2003 only supports PPTP and L2TP over IPsec, neither of which
are supported by the WRV54G (unless you're willing to hack it, since it
runs Linux: http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/LinksysWrt54g).

Your best bet is probably a third-party VPN client such as Movian:
http://www.certicom.com/index.php?action=product,mvpn

Jacco
--
Jacco de Leeuw mailto:jacco2@dds.mil
Zaandam, The Netherlands http://www.jacco2.dds.nl

I think a packaged solution would be more convenient.
You can get a pre-configured VPN or DD-WRT flashed router from vpnexpress.net
!