Sony DV camcorder not recognised

My Sony DV camcorder (trv 355e)is not recognised when I
plug it into the IEEE 1394 port of my ATI 8500 videocard
It is not the camcorder as I have bought two FireWire
cables and the camera is successfully plugged into
another computer. I have a Compaq Presario computer (5420
US) I have been trying for a year to resolve this issue &
no one is able to help. Has anyone got any advice for me?
7 answers Last reply
More about sony camcorder recognised

    Purchase a separate firewire card and see if that works better.
    www.coribright.com

    "cayman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Sony DV camcorder (trv 355e)is not recognised when I
    > plug it into the IEEE 1394 port of my ATI 8500 videocard
    > It is not the camcorder as I have bought two FireWire
    > cables and the camera is successfully plugged into
    > another computer. I have a Compaq Presario computer (5420
    > US) I have been trying for a year to resolve this issue &
    > no one is able to help. Has anyone got any advice for me?

    Does XP ping when the cam is connected? Are there any conflicts with the
    firewire connection in device manager? HAve you ever connected a network
    with the firewire connection?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    "cayman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Sony DV camcorder (trv 355e)is not recognised when I
    > plug it into the IEEE 1394 port of my ATI 8500 videocard
    > It is not the camcorder as I have bought two FireWire
    > cables and the camera is successfully plugged into
    > another computer. I have a Compaq Presario computer (5420
    > US) I have been trying for a year to resolve this issue &
    > no one is able to help. Has anyone got any advice for me?

    No, Win XP does not ping (it did on someone else's
    computer though)
    There are no conflicts in the device manager but an OHCI
    compliant device is not present either (IEEE 1394 Host
    controller)
    No, I've not connected to a network with a firewire
    connection
    cayman

    That's probably easy enough where you live, I will have
    to wait until I go on holiday later this year to South
    Africa. Thanks for advice though, I will try that if all
    else fails
    cayman

    You do not have the ieee1394 bus host controller listed in device manager?
    It will not work then, as the firewire card is not being recognised. Can you
    remove the card and reinstall it in a different pci slot?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    > No, Win XP does not ping (it did on someone else's
    > computer though)
    > There are no conflicts in the device manager but an OHCI
    > compliant device is not present either (IEEE 1394 Host
    > controller)
    > No, I've not connected to a network with a firewire
    > connection
    > cayman

    It is an AGP capture card (ATI AIW 8500DV)

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    Cayman,

    Have a look at the message I posted today. It might still be your cable as I
    found that the 4-pin connector end isn't always proper.

    Cheers,

    DaVinci

    "cayman" wrote:

    > My Sony DV camcorder (trv 355e)is not recognised when I
    > plug it into the IEEE 1394 port of my ATI 8500 videocard
    > It is not the camcorder as I have bought two FireWire
    > cables and the camera is successfully plugged into
    > another computer. I have a Compaq Presario computer (5420
    > US) I have been trying for a year to resolve this issue &
    > no one is able to help. Has anyone got any advice for me?

Video Sony Camcorders Windows XP