wireless card; speed?

Can someone pls tell me how to find out the speed of a wireless network card
that came installed in my Dell laptop? Where to look???
thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless card speed

    802.11B = 11mps operates on 2.4Ghz
    802.11G = 54mps operates on 2.4Ghz
    802.11a = 54mps operates on 5.4Ghz

    "kcm" <kcm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B537FBF3-CFB2-4E6A-874C-593452B09A5D@microsoft.com...
    > Can someone pls tell me how to find out the speed of a wireless network card
    > that came installed in my Dell laptop? Where to look???

    The actual speed of wireless connection changes frequently due to various conditions.
    The current speed can be found in the Statistics box of the network connection or in Network tab of task manager. More stats can
    be found using Performance monitor (packets sent/received/sec...).

    --PA

Wireless Wireless Network Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking