Archiving movies

September 5, 2004 1:53:02 AM

I've been capturing my movies with the Movie Maker using DV-AVI format which
ended up leaving pretty large files on my HD (as expected). I thought I'd be
able to archive them on DVD but after a second thought it occured to me that
it wasn't such a good idea (it takes 4 DVDs for just one hour of footage).

Now I'm thinking of archiving this footage on Mini-DVs. But how to send the
video back to the camcorder? Although Movie Maker has the option of sending
the finished movie to the DV camera it forces me to create a movie from my
clip first, let Movie Maker re-save it, and only then write it. Is there any
other way to get my AVIs back on the camcorder?

Also, is it possible to actually copy files back to the camcorder over
firewire? One would think that a digital tape should be able to store data.

Thanks,

Dave.

More about : archiving movies

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 7:02:52 AM

Dave,

Try the WinDV utility.... (link on the Digital Camcorders > Intro page of my
MM2 website).... it copies DV-AVI to or from a camcorder over firewire.
--
PapaJohn

Movie Maker 2 - www.papajohn.org
Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org