A Question about Maxtor Onetouch disk

I just set up a Maxtor OneTOuch disk drive for someone
and noticed how heavy the metal enclosure was, enev though
the wall wart power supply is external.

Does this thing have a battery in it to server as a mini-UPS for
reliability during backups? That would be a Very Good Think, IMO.

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Al Dykes <adykes@panix.com> wrote in message

> I just set up a Maxtor OneTOuch disk drive for someone
> and noticed how heavy the metal enclosure was, enev
> though the wall wart power supply is external.

> Does this thing have a battery in it to server
> as a mini-UPS for reliability during backups?

Nope.

> That would be a Very Good Think, IMO.

Makes more sense to have the PC and the external
drives on a conventional UPS if you want one.