How to make a save-proof video ?

I am creating WMV video files for web downloading, and I
want to make them so that Media Player will not allow the
recipient to save them. How can I do this ?

Thanx,
Mark

"T4P" <T4P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am creating WMV video files for web downloading, and I
> want to make them so that Media Player will not allow the
> recipient to save them. How can I do this ?
>
> Thanx,
> Mark

Bottom line-you can author the clip to make it HARDER
for the average user to save them, but there are third-party
utilities out there that will defeat the measures you can build-in
to your clip and the page it plays from...

Do a Google to see what I mean or hit one of the DVD
"how-to" backup sites.

Understood. Nevertheless, we'd like to do what we can.

By the way, our web server is Apache on Linux (RH9).

"Mark Jeghers" <mark@t4pNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Understood. Nevertheless, we'd like to do what we can.
>
> By the way, our web server is Apache on Linux (RH9).

In the WME Help files, and on the MSDN site, there's
a lot of info on encoding/page authoring/WMP embedding
techniques that may help you, far too numerous to mention here.

When I looked through them, it seemed a fairly straightforward
thing to do.

> "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "T4P" <T4P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> I am creating WMV video files for web downloading, and I
> >> want to make them so that Media Player will not allow the
> >> recipient to save them. How can I do this ?
> >>
> >> Thanx,
> >> Mark
> >>

> > Bottom line-you can author the clip to make it HARDER
> > for the average user to save them, but there are third-party
> > utilities out there that will defeat the measures you can build-in
> > to your clip and the page it plays from...
> >
> > Do a Google to see what I mean or hit one of the DVD
> > "how-to" backup sites.

Ensure that it is correctly streamed. You will have to contact your hosting
company for the details for your particular web.
www.coribright.com

"T4P" <T4P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating WMV video files for web downloading, and I
> want to make them so that Media Player will not allow the
> recipient to save them. How can I do this ?
>
> Thanx,
> Mark

It is my own server with RH9 Linux and Apache.

I've followed the steps for streaming in Apache as best as I
can understand from searching the web on the topic, but the
"Save ..." menu items are still enabled.

Where can I find some Apache/streaming expertise ?

> Ensure that it is correctly streamed. You will have to contact your
> hosting company for the details for your particular web.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "T4P" <T4P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am creating WMV video files for web downloading, and I
>> want to make them so that Media Player will not allow the
>> recipient to save them. How can I do this ?
>>
>> Thanx,
>> Mark

The Apache newsgroups.
www.coribright.com