Windows Movie Maker

I am new here so if I am in the wrong place please
forgive me and advise.
I am trying to save a movie file to a cd with windows
movie maker and it keeps telling me that I do not have a
cd in the drive or there is no drive to write a cd. Yet I
have a Sony DVD that write CDs with no difficulty. Does
anyone recognize this problem and feel they can advise me
about a solution? This was my first attempt at this so I
am probably doing something stupid but I think I am
following all of the steps as Windows Movie Maker lays
them out.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows movie maker

    Rather than try to spend time fixing a problem which may not be needed......

    Do you want to play this cd on a dvd player at home? If so MM will not make
    a cd which is viewable on home dvd players, as it uses a different format.
    Answer first question and I'll follow through with answers for either :)
    hopefully!!

    There is a windowsxp.moviemaker NG, but carry on here for now.

    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am new here so if I am in the wrong place please
    > forgive me and advise.
    > I am trying to save a movie file to a cd with windows
    > movie maker and it keeps telling me that I do not have a
    > cd in the drive or there is no drive to write a cd. Yet I
    > have a Sony DVD that write CDs with no difficulty. Does
    > anyone recognize this problem and feel they can advise me
    > about a solution? This was my first attempt at this so I
    > am probably doing something stupid but I think I am
    > following all of the steps as Windows Movie Maker lays
    > them out.

    I didn't see an answer to this question but mine is
    basically the same. I want to be able to make a movie
    (misc pictures, etc.) in movie maker and be able to
    display it somehow for a 25th wedding aniversary.

    Moviemaker is not ideal just for picture shows. Often it will work,
    sometimes not, for best chance of a result use bitmap pictures not jpeg's.
    If you have any music added, do not use mp3's, wma instead. To display it,
    depnds on what you have, dvd player and tv? If so, make a vcd/svcd using the
    likes of nero. Check www.dvdrhelp.com to see if the dvd player will play
    this type of disc. You could play back via WMP and a projector.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    "Jeff" <jaban@centurytel.net> wrote in message
    > I didn't see an answer to this question but mine is
    > basically the same. I want to be able to make a movie
    > (misc pictures, etc.) in movie maker and be able to
    > display it somehow for a 25th wedding aniversary.

Video Windows Movie Maker CD-Rom Windows XP