bootitng and raid

Does anyone have experience with bootitng and raid?

I boot to bootitng on the ide master - there's also a slave.

bootitng is not recognizing the newly made serial striped ata raid on my
Gigabyte K8NS-939 nforce 3 ultra, and hides the ide slave until I turn off
the raid. Then it sees the 2 serial drives ok.

I'm wondering if it's just because of that particular motherboard, or if it
needs a full hardware raid to see the array.

If it needs hardware raid, what would be the cheapest?

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

I'm seriously looking at the Pacific Digital Talon raid adapter.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\