I get three message problems:
1. Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because the disc prohibits
playback in your region of the world. You must obtain a disc that is
intended for your geographic region. (I am in the U.S.)
2. Your system is set to DVD Region 1. To play this DVD set your system
to Region 1. I do not know what to change it to.
3. I have subscribed to a Codec from Sonic and then again to Intervideo
for the same thing. I finally got the latter installed, then I found out
Windows Media 10 may already have it.

1 & 2. DVDs are region specific. A DVD drive permits 5 changes of region
ONLY. After that it must either be returned to the drive manufacturer to be
reset or you purchase a new drive. You can get around the region change
limitation by purchasing software like:

http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-idle-pro.htm

3. WindowsMediaPlayer10 does NOT include DVD playing decoders. You
certainly would need to buy, download and install either just the codec
package or a full DVD playing software package like PowerDVD or WinDVD.
www.coribright.com

"JoeIV" <JoeIV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get three message problems:
> 1. Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because the disc prohibits
> playback in your region of the world. You must obtain a disc that is
> intended for your geographic region. (I am in the U.S.)
> 2. Your system is set to DVD Region 1. To play this DVD set your system
> to Region 1. I do not know what to change it to.
> 3. I have subscribed to a Codec from Sonic and then again to Intervideo
> for the same thing. I finally got the latter installed, then I found out
> Windows Media 10 may already have it.

"JoeIV" <JoeIV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I get three message problems:
> 1. Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because the disc prohibits
> playback in your region of the world. You must obtain a disc that is
> intended for your geographic region. (I am in the U.S.)
> 2. Your system is set to DVD Region 1. To play this DVD set your system
> to Region 1. I do not know what to change it to.
> 3. I have subscribed to a Codec from Sonic and then again to Intervideo
> for the same thing. I finally got the latter installed, then I found out
> Windows Media 10 may already have it.

Get DVD X Ghost. It will fix all your issues
http://www.dvdxghost.com/