Dualview broke

I was running two video adapters each to its own monitor in WindowsXP Pro
SP1. I installed SP2 and now I cannot get both adapters to work. If I
uninstall SP2 back to SP1 everything works. In device manager my second
video adapter is banged out. I cannot install the driver. New drivers from
the card site or old drivers. I have the ATI 7000 graphics adapter PCI and
Trident Blade 3D Video Integrated on my Biostar M7VKQ motherboard.The last
thing I tried was remove all my PCI cards. Format the hard drive. Reinstall
WindowsXP. updated to SP2. At that time the onboard video was working. Then
I installed the ATI 7000. On reboot the ATI 7000 worked and the onboard was
banged out.
Any help?

--
Peace,
-PCK-

Have you reset it in the bios to use both and which is primary?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"Peter Koszyczarek" <peter@kozys.net> wrote in message
> I was running two video adapters each to its own monitor in WindowsXP Pro
> SP1. I installed SP2 and now I cannot get both adapters to work. If I
> uninstall SP2 back to SP1 everything works. In device manager my second
> video adapter is banged out. I cannot install the driver. New drivers from
> the card site or old drivers. I have the ATI 7000 graphics adapter PCI and
> Trident Blade 3D Video Integrated on my Biostar M7VKQ motherboard.The last
> thing I tried was remove all my PCI cards. Format the hard drive.
Reinstall
> WindowsXP. updated to SP2. At that time the onboard video was working.
Then
> I installed the ATI 7000. On reboot the ATI 7000 worked and the onboard
was
> banged out.
> Any help?
>
> --
> Peace,
> -PCK-

I cannot see where to enable both adapters in the bios. There is a setting
on which video to enable first, PCI or AGP. But since the mobo does not have
an AGP slot I have enable PCI first. I am not sure that the SP2 install
would change anything in the bios. If I remove the SP2 through add/remove
programs the two videos work fine without setting or resetting anything.

--
Peace,
-PCK-
"Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> Have you reset it in the bios to use both and which is primary?
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
> "Peter Koszyczarek" <peter@kozys.net> wrote in message
>> I was running two video adapters each to its own monitor in WindowsXP Pro
>> SP1. I installed SP2 and now I cannot get both adapters to work. If I
>> uninstall SP2 back to SP1 everything works. In device manager my second
>> video adapter is banged out. I cannot install the driver. New drivers
>> from
>> the card site or old drivers. I have the ATI 7000 graphics adapter PCI
>> and
>> Trident Blade 3D Video Integrated on my Biostar M7VKQ motherboard.The
>> last
>> thing I tried was remove all my PCI cards. Format the hard drive.
> Reinstall
>> WindowsXP. updated to SP2. At that time the onboard video was working.
> Then
>> I installed the ATI 7000. On reboot the ATI 7000 worked and the onboard
> was
>> banged out.
>> Any help?
>>
>> --
>> Peace,
>> -PCK-

Check for a bios update.
Graham

--

> I cannot see where to enable both adapters in the bios. There is a setting
> on which video to enable first, PCI or AGP. But since the mobo does not
have
> an AGP slot I have enable PCI first. I am not sure that the SP2 install
> would change anything in the bios. If I remove the SP2 through add/remove
> programs the two videos work fine without setting or resetting anything.
>
> --
> Peace,
> -PCK-
> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Have you reset it in the bios to use both and which is primary?
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> > "Peter Koszyczarek" <peter@kozys.net> wrote in message
> >> I was running two video adapters each to its own monitor in WindowsXP
Pro
> >> SP1. I installed SP2 and now I cannot get both adapters to work. If I
> >> uninstall SP2 back to SP1 everything works. In device manager my second
> >> video adapter is banged out. I cannot install the driver. New drivers
> >> from
> >> the card site or old drivers. I have the ATI 7000 graphics adapter PCI
> >> and
> >> Trident Blade 3D Video Integrated on my Biostar M7VKQ motherboard.The
> >> last
> >> thing I tried was remove all my PCI cards. Format the hard drive.
> > Reinstall
> >> WindowsXP. updated to SP2. At that time the onboard video was working.
> > Then
> >> I installed the ATI 7000. On reboot the ATI 7000 worked and the onboard
> > was
> >> banged out.
> >> Any help?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peace,
> >> -PCK-

I have the latest bios version installed. I am not sure where to go. I just
emailed Biostar the maker of the board with the on board video adapter. Next
I will email ATI on their 7000 adapter. I hope this is not a Microsoft
driver problem. It should not be cause I can remove the ATI 7000 and the on
board video will work. I tried disabling the ATI 7000 in device manager. No
help.