Display flicker

My computer display flickers when I scroll the screen.
So I check the display driver and WindowXP cannot detect
driver details.I use NVIDIA GeForce and download the
correct driver from www.nvidia.com and install it on my
computer.However I cannot find even display adapter in
the device manager and the display still flicker.
I cannot change screen refresh rate and my computer cannot
detect display driver.
What should I do for the next steps?

I would try reinstalling the drivers, it appears it has not worked.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media