Non-Raid on Raid Board

Can a single SATA drive be used on a raid motherboard in non-Raid mode?
5 answers Last reply
More about raid raid board

    Previously Bob B <bobb@webjogger.net> wrote:
    > Can a single SATA drive be used on a raid motherboard in non-Raid mode?

    Depends. Usually it works. What controller?

    Arno

    "Bob B" <bobb@webjogger.net> wrote in message news:423e126f_3@newsfeed.slurp.net
    > Can a single SATA drive be used on a raid motherboard in non-Raid mode?

    Does it say anywhere that it can't?

    Folkert Rienstra <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote in
    message news:3a907nF68ksahU1@individual.net...
    > Bob B <bobb@webjogger.net> wrote

    >> Can a single SATA drive be used on a raid motherboard in non-Raid mode?

    > Does it say anywhere that it can't?

    They dont all say that clearly.

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:38:57 +1100, "Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Folkert Rienstra <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote in
    >message news:3a907nF68ksahU1@individual.net...
    >> Bob B <bobb@webjogger.net> wrote
    >
    >>> Can a single SATA drive be used on a raid motherboard in non-Raid mode?
    >
    >> Does it say anywhere that it can't?
    >
    >They dont all say that clearly.

    Could you give us an example of a board which does not support a
    single drive. That seems like very odd behaviour to me.

    Curious George <cg@email.net> wrote in message
    > Rod Speed <rod_speed@yahoo.com> wrote
    >> Folkert Rienstra <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote
    >>> Bob B <bobb@webjogger.net> wrote

    >>> Does it say anywhere that it can't?

    >>They dont all say that clearly.

    > Could you give us an example of a board which does not support a single drive.

    That was never very clear from the documentation, whether it did or not.

    > That seems like very odd behaviour to me.

IBM NAS / RAID Storage Hardware SATA Motherboards