screen goes blank after booting

I was trying to connect my computer to my tv through my ATI 9600 AWI PRO
video card and I got it to work but it was at the wrong resolution on my tv.
I tried a few things but they didn't work so I uninstalled my ATI drivers in
order to update them. Before I rebooted I started to change my display
options and I think I accidently deselected my monitor as the primary display
device. I now boot up and the computer works fine but I can't see anything
on my screen after the windows startup.
PLEASE HELP!!!
3 answers Last reply
More about screen blank booting

    Press F8 at Startup, choose Safe Mode and once in, reinstall the ATI
    drivers.
    www.coribright.com

    "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I was trying to connect my computer to my tv through my ATI 9600 AWI PRO
    > video card and I got it to work but it was at the wrong resolution on my
    > tv.
    > I tried a few things but they didn't work so I uninstalled my ATI drivers
    > in
    > order to update them. Before I rebooted I started to change my display
    > options and I think I accidently deselected my monitor as the primary
    > display
    > device. I now boot up and the computer works fine but I can't see
    > anything
    > on my screen after the windows startup.
    > PLEASE HELP!!!

    I tried every mode (VGA, Safe Mode, etc) and it still comes up blank... ???

    "Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

    > Press F8 at Startup, choose Safe Mode and once in, reinstall the ATI
    > drivers.
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I was trying to connect my computer to my tv through my ATI 9600 AWI PRO
    > > video card and I got it to work but it was at the wrong resolution on my
    > > tv.
    > > I tried a few things but they didn't work so I uninstalled my ATI drivers
    > > in
    > > order to update them. Before I rebooted I started to change my display
    > > options and I think I accidently deselected my monitor as the primary
    > > display
    > > device. I now boot up and the computer works fine but I can't see
    > > anything
    > > on my screen after the windows startup.
    > > PLEASE HELP!!!

    Repair Installation of XP is probably a good next Step:

    >I tried every mode (VGA, Safe Mode, etc) and it still comes up blank... ???
    >
    > "Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Press F8 at Startup, choose Safe Mode and once in, reinstall the ATI
    >> drivers.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I was trying to connect my computer to my tv through my ATI 9600 AWI PRO
    >> > video card and I got it to work but it was at the wrong resolution on
    >> > my
    >> > tv.
    >> > I tried a few things but they didn't work so I uninstalled my ATI
    >> > drivers
    >> > in
    >> > order to update them. Before I rebooted I started to change my display
    >> > options and I think I accidently deselected my monitor as the primary
    >> > display
    >> > device. I now boot up and the computer works fine but I can't see
    >> > anything
    >> > on my screen after the windows startup.
    >> > PLEASE HELP!!!

Video Windows XP