Can I compress wmv's?

September 9, 2004 12:11:29 AM

Can I compress wmv files? I want to send a file as an
attachment, but it's too big. I tried zipping it, but
it's still the same size. How do I make it smaller?

More about : compress wmv

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 12:33:19 AM

They are already fairly compressed. Best to burn it on a CD and snail mail
it or find somewhere you can upload it online where the recipient can
download it.

www.coribright.com

"Dee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I compress wmv files? I want to send a file as an
> attachment, but it's too big. I tried zipping it, but
> it's still the same size. How do I make it smaller?
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 1:37:43 PM

Import it into movie maker and choose the email save option. If you have
already done this then either do as Cari says or split it into smaller
pieces and email seperately.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> They are already fairly compressed. Best to burn it on a CD and snail mail
> it or find somewhere you can upload it online where the recipient can
> download it.

> www.coribright.com
>
> "Dee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can I compress wmv files? I want to send a file as an
> > attachment, but it's too big. I tried zipping it, but
> > it's still the same size. How do I make it smaller?

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:29:11 PM

Hi there.
It looks to me that you're looking for WEB site hosting videos. In
this case you can just e-mail a link to your video, like this:
mms://www.videoclassified.com/Pres1Movie3
This will allow you to send a small e-mail and for a recipient to
watch your video.

E-mail me if you need more info.
!