Can I compress wmv's?

Can I compress wmv files? I want to send a file as an
attachment, but it's too big. I tried zipping it, but
it's still the same size. How do I make it smaller?
3 answers Last reply
More about compress

    They are already fairly compressed. Best to burn it on a CD and snail mail
    it or find somewhere you can upload it online where the recipient can
    download it.

    www.coribright.com

    "Dee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can I compress wmv files? I want to send a file as an
    > attachment, but it's too big. I tried zipping it, but
    > it's still the same size. How do I make it smaller?

    Import it into movie maker and choose the email save option. If you have
    already done this then either do as Cari says or split it into smaller
    pieces and email seperately.

    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    > They are already fairly compressed. Best to burn it on a CD and snail mail
    > it or find somewhere you can upload it online where the recipient can
    > download it.

    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Dee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can I compress wmv files? I want to send a file as an
    > > attachment, but it's too big. I tried zipping it, but
    > > it's still the same size. How do I make it smaller?

    Hi there.
    It looks to me that you're looking for WEB site hosting videos. In
    this case you can just e-mail a link to your video, like this:
    mms://www.videoclassified.com/Pres1Movie3
    This will allow you to send a small e-mail and for a recipient to
    watch your video.

    E-mail me if you need more info.

Video Microsoft Windows XP