Ive just tried to connect my pc to my tv but I dont seem to be getting a
signal, I have svideo to scart connection. the scart goes into the scart2
port on my tv, but when I switch to AV2 I get a black screen. is there
something I need to alter on my computer?

Right click on the Desktop and select Properties. In the Settings tab,
click on Advanced and look for the Monitor tab.

There should be an option here to 'switch' the output from monitor to tv or
to use both at once. If there is no Monitor tab, update the drivers for the
graphics card. And as always, you particular graphics card may be
different. Read the manual!
www.coribright.com