reinstalling Sony Dv imaging device

I foolishly uninstalled the driver for my Sony DV camcorder, It DID work but
I was having problems running it with a video editing application, so I
followed some dodgy notes which has lead me to my current situation - the
computer won't reinstall the driver.

Instead of the camera coming up as an imaging device it comes up as an
unknown device, I know it has something to do with SonyDVCR.inf (which I can
no longer find on my computer - nor can I find it anywhere on the internet)
but even if I did find it I just wouldn't know what to do with it. I would
be ever so grateful if anyone had any ideas of how I can get out of this
stupid predicament! Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about reinstalling sony imaging device

    I assume you are connecting by usb. If so try via firewire(i-link/ieee1394)
    which use generic windows drivers and gives much better quality and
    functionality, which is a shame you don't get it when buying a digital
    camcorder. Otherwise, search Sony's site, they may well have it. Do you no
    longer have the cd that came with the cam?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    "Chris Beeson" <Chris Beeson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I foolishly uninstalled the driver for my Sony DV camcorder, It DID work
    but
    > I was having problems running it with a video editing application, so I
    > followed some dodgy notes which has lead me to my current situation - the
    > computer won't reinstall the driver.
    >
    > Instead of the camera coming up as an imaging device it comes up as an
    > unknown device, I know it has something to do with SonyDVCR.inf (which I
    can
    > no longer find on my computer - nor can I find it anywhere on the
    internet)
    > but even if I did find it I just wouldn't know what to do with it. I
    would
    > be ever so grateful if anyone had any ideas of how I can get out of this
    > stupid predicament! Thanks in advance.

Video Sony Devices Windows XP