Joing several Pocket PC in Personal Area Network

May 10, 2004 11:53:06 PM

Help,

We have several people at work who want s to connect to
one another using . We tried joining by tapping
Connections > Joing personal Network. The attemp was a
sucess but we cannot browse to each other PDAs. Anything
that we missed?

Ferdiyan
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 3:27:32 AM

I'll take it that you are talking Bluetooth. The Personal Area Network, is
like the foundation, but the house is not there. :(  Once you have joined a
Personal Area Network their is not much you can do. The PocketPC is not
setup to use this or even act as a server. Without additional software,
there is nothing really useful you can do.

--
David Hettel
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risks for your use.

"Ferdiyan" <ferdiyan.surya@suzuki.co.id> wrote in message
> Help,
>
> We have several people at work who want s to connect to
> one another using . We tried joining by tapping
> Connections > Joing personal Network. The attemp was a
> sucess but we cannot browse to each other PDAs. Anything
> that we missed?
>
> Ferdiyan
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 8:22:19 PM

Discussed here as well:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?ForumId=8&TopicId=...

--
Mauricio Freitas
MS MVP Mobile Devices

"David Hettel MS MVP - Mobile Devices" <dhettel@fuse.net> wrote in message
> I'll take it that you are talking Bluetooth. The Personal Area Network, is
> like the foundation, but the house is not there. :(  Once you have joined
> Personal Area Network their is not much you can do. The PocketPC is not
> setup to use this or even act as a server. Without additional software,
> there is nothing really useful you can do.
>
> --
> David Hettel
> Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>
> This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> You assume all risks for your use.
>
> Handhelds, mobile: http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>
> "Ferdiyan" <ferdiyan.surya@suzuki.co.id> wrote in message
> > Help,
> >
> > We have several people at work who want s to connect to
> > one another using . We tried joining by tapping
> > Connections > Joing personal Network. The attemp was a
> > sucess but we cannot browse to each other PDAs. Anything
> > that we missed?
> >
> > Ferdiyan

May 12, 2004 8:22:20 PM

Might Google for

Microsoft Portrait

for a fun app to experiment with this concept.

_Assume_ that the BT connection using fixed ip's will allow connections
to be made, but I have zero experience with it (works with a wifi adhoc
group)

Beverly Howard
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 9:18:44 PM

It will. You can even ping each other's Pocket PC. But ping is pretty much
all the OS implements :(

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

message news:%23aKFC79NEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!