Create a DVD

September 10, 2004 7:11:05 PM

Once I have created a movie in Windows Movie Maker (version 5.1), is there a
software program (similar to iDVD for a Mac) that will allow me to create a
DVD with chapters and all that is viewable on a television with a DVD player?

More about : create dvd

September 11, 2004 4:04:33 AM

Version 5.1 refers to windows xp's own version number. You must be using
Windows Movie maker 2.0 or 2.1. Re-Look at the About dialog (which is laid
very badly).

To make DVDs:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/lea...

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

"Heather" <Heather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Once I have created a movie in Windows Movie Maker (version 5.1), is there
> software program (similar to iDVD for a Mac) that will allow me to create
> DVD with chapters and all that is viewable on a television with a DVD
> player?
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 6:43:02 PM

The are several programs that do this and they span many different price
ranges. Here are the names and general pricing of several of them.

ReelDVD - $599
Adobe Encore DVD - $549
neoStudio - $180
WinDVD Creator 2.0 Platinum - $99
DVD-lab - $99
Movie Edit Pro 2004 - $99
Roxio VideoWave 7 Professional - $79
Nero 6 Ultra Edition - $70
MyDVD 5 Deluxe - $69
PowerProducer 2 - $40
Pinnacle Instant VideoAlbum - $40

That's just a few, but hopefully that'll help you out. Other than the Adobe
program I'm not sure which of those support WMV format video so you might
have to export from Windows MovieMaker as an AVI for the programs to
recognize your movie.

"Heather" wrote:

> Once I have created a movie in Windows Movie Maker (version 5.1), is there a
> software program (similar to iDVD for a Mac) that will allow me to create a
> DVD with chapters and all that is viewable on a television with a DVD player?
September 12, 2004 7:47:03 PM

Andrew, Thank you for your response. It was quite helpful.

!