Create a DVD

Once I have created a movie in Windows Movie Maker (version 5.1), is there a
software program (similar to iDVD for a Mac) that will allow me to create a
DVD with chapters and all that is viewable on a television with a DVD player?
3 answers Last reply
More about create

    Version 5.1 refers to windows xp's own version number. You must be using
    Windows Movie maker 2.0 or 2.1. Re-Look at the About dialog (which is laid
    very badly).

    To make DVDs:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/learnmore/dvdburn.mspx

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    "Heather" <Heather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Once I have created a movie in Windows Movie Maker (version 5.1), is there
    > software program (similar to iDVD for a Mac) that will allow me to create
    > DVD with chapters and all that is viewable on a television with a DVD
    > player?

    The are several programs that do this and they span many different price
    ranges. Here are the names and general pricing of several of them.

    ReelDVD - $599
    Adobe Encore DVD - $549
    neoStudio - $180
    WinDVD Creator 2.0 Platinum - $99
    DVD-lab - $99
    Movie Edit Pro 2004 - $99
    Roxio VideoWave 7 Professional - $79
    Nero 6 Ultra Edition - $70
    MyDVD 5 Deluxe - $69
    PowerProducer 2 - $40
    Pinnacle Instant VideoAlbum - $40

    That's just a few, but hopefully that'll help you out. Other than the Adobe
    program I'm not sure which of those support WMV format video so you might
    have to export from Windows MovieMaker as an AVI for the programs to
    recognize your movie.

    "Heather" wrote:

    > Once I have created a movie in Windows Movie Maker (version 5.1), is there a
    > software program (similar to iDVD for a Mac) that will allow me to create a
    > DVD with chapters and all that is viewable on a television with a DVD player?

    Andrew, Thank you for your response. It was quite helpful.

    "AndrewH" wrote:

    > The are several programs that do this and they span many different price
    > ranges. Here are the names and general pricing of several of them.
    >
    > ReelDVD - $599
    > Adobe Encore DVD - $549
    > neoStudio - $180
    > WinDVD Creator 2.0 Platinum - $99
    > DVD-lab - $99
    > Movie Edit Pro 2004 - $99
    > Roxio VideoWave 7 Professional - $79
    > Nero 6 Ultra Edition - $70
    > MyDVD 5 Deluxe - $69
    > PowerProducer 2 - $40
    > Pinnacle Instant VideoAlbum - $40
    >
    > That's just a few, but hopefully that'll help you out. Other than the Adobe
    > program I'm not sure which of those support WMV format video so you might
    > have to export from Windows MovieMaker as an AVI for the programs to
    > recognize your movie.
    >
    > "Heather" wrote:
    >
    > > Once I have created a movie in Windows Movie Maker (version 5.1), is there a
    > > software program (similar to iDVD for a Mac) that will allow me to create a
    > > DVD with chapters and all that is viewable on a television with a DVD player?

Video DVD Windows Movie Maker Windows XP