No sound again

That's right, no sound for nothing: alerts, CDs, nothing. No codes, just a
dumb (literally) computer. I have NOT downloaded SP2 yet but I have had this
problem about a month ago and downloaded a patch from some genius' website,
but I cant find where that was. What is causing the problem and why is it
happening again.
Thank you in advance
Ivor
--
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord
1 answer Last reply

    Reinstall your sound card drivers.

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    "ivor" <ivor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > That's right, no sound for nothing: alerts, CDs, nothing. No codes, just a
    > dumb (literally) computer. I have NOT downloaded SP2 yet but I have had
    > this
    > problem about a month ago and downloaded a patch from some genius'
    > website,
    > but I cant find where that was. What is causing the problem and why is it
    > happening again.
    > Thank you in advance
    > Ivor
    > --
    > As for me and my house we will serve the Lord

Video Microsoft Windows XP