Panasonic LC70

Does anyone know what the voltage would be for the ac adapter? I have a
box of different adapters and a couple of them fit the input, but I
haven't tried plugging them in. I don't want to fry the camera.

"Xanophile" <xanophile@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what the voltage would be for the ac adapter? I have a
> box of different adapters and a couple of them fit the input, but I
> haven't tried plugging them in. I don't want to fry the camera.

What is the voltage of the battery?

All that I can find on the web says battery not batteries (plural), which to
me would say probably 1.5 volts. Most Digital cameras require about 2
amperes of current from the adapter.

Power:
AA Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery (Included), Battery Charger (Input: 110-240 V
AC) (Included), AA Alkaline Battery (Optional), AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V
AC) (Optional)

The above from:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/digital-cameras/dmclc70b/index.htm

Do you know the polarity of the DC in connector, is it marked?

I would start with 1.5 volts and see if the camera works without the battery
..

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

In article <%QD0d.134349$A8.51519@edtnps89>,
Xanophile <xanophile@hotpop.com> wrote:
>Does anyone know what the voltage would be for the ac adapter? I have a
>box of different adapters and a couple of them fit the input, but I
>haven't tried plugging them in. I don't want to fry the camera.

Based on the fact that it is powered by two AA batteries, I'd say the
camera should at least tolerate an input of 3V.

I tried both 1.5 and 3 and neither of them powered the camera. I don't
think I want to go higher, I don't want to risk wrecking it.

Mike S. wrote:
> In article <%QD0d.134349$A8.51519@edtnps89>,
> Xanophile <xanophile@hotpop.com> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know what the voltage would be for the ac adapter? I have a
>>box of different adapters and a couple of them fit the input, but I
>>haven't tried plugging them in. I don't want to fry the camera.
>

> Based on the fact that it is powered by two AA batteries, I'd say the
> camera should at least tolerate an input of 3V.

Are you sure about the polarity? If the polarity is wrong the camera will
not work.

If the camera uses 1 AA battery the voltage is 1.5 volts.
If the camera uses 2 AA batteries, the voltage is 3 volts.
If the camera uses 3 AA batteries, the voltage is 4.5-5 volts.
If the camera uses 4 AA batteries, the voltage is 6-6.5 volts.

The adapter must supply about 2 amperes of current. Any less and the camera
will pull the voltage on the adapter to a very low voltage.

ma = milliamp
200 ma = 0.2 Amp.
2 Amp = 2000 ma.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>I tried both 1.5 and 3 and neither of them powered the camera. I don't
>think I want to go higher, I don't want to risk wrecking it.
>
> Mike S. wrote:
>> In article <%QD0d.134349$A8.51519@edtnps89>,
>> Xanophile <xanophile@hotpop.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know what the voltage would be for the ac adapter? I have a
>>>box of different adapters and a couple of them fit the input, but I
>>>haven't tried plugging them in. I don't want to fry the camera.
>>

>> Based on the fact that it is powered by two AA batteries, I'd say the
>> camera should at least tolerate an input of 3V.

Yes, I'm certain of the polarity. It's open to the positive in the
little depiction beside the jack, but there's nothing saying what the
voltage should be. 1.5 did nothing, 3 made the power light and the
flash ready light blink once but nothing more. I didn't want to go any
higher than that.

Panasonic told me nothing about the AC besides "The camera has
dual voltage input 110-240." If that means anything useful, it's a
secret to me.

In article <9Dp1d.7370$XP3.4517@edtnps84>,
Xanophile <xanophile@hotpop.com> wrote:

>CSM1 wrote:
>> Are you sure about the polarity? If the polarity is wrong the camera
>> will not work.
>>
>> If the camera uses 1 AA battery the voltage is 1.5 volts.
>> If the camera uses 2 AA batteries, the voltage is 3 volts.
>> If the camera uses 3 AA batteries, the voltage is 4.5-5 volts.
>> If the camera uses 4 AA batteries, the voltage is 6-6.5 volts.
>>
>> The adapter must supply about 2 amperes of current. Any less and the
>> camera will pull the voltage on the adapter to a very low voltage.
>>
>> ma = milliamp
>> 200 ma = 0.2 Amp.
>> 2 Amp = 2000 ma.
>>
>Yes, I'm certain of the polarity. It's open to the positive in the
>little depiction beside the jack, but there's nothing saying what the
>voltage should be. 1.5 did nothing, 3 made the power light and the
>flash ready light blink once but nothing more. I didn't want to go any
>higher than that.

What is the current (amperes) rating of your AC adaptor?

TRENDING THREADS