help with recovering fat16 off hdd

okay, a friend called and asked me to find her a deal on a new computer
because the one she had blew the power supply. it was an e-machines
running win 95 and it was just time to upgrade. found her a great deal
and set up the new one for her. here's the thing, her old hard drive
had some important stuff on it and she wants to get the info off. now,
it's partitioned for fat16 and i can't get it to read through my
external harddrive box on any system, i can see it in the device mgr
and can populate the volumes in the properties of the drive, but i
can't get to any of the info on it, any help would be appreciated.

Addison
addison@nospamaddisonphillips.com

You mean you put it in a USB enclosure? The drive is likely too old.

Put it on IDE, try BIOS settings of AUTO, NORMAL, and LARGE.