Swap Manager? Any problems?

Just downloaded a version of Swap Manager and it seems to be a piece of
miraculous software that allows you to remove an IDE device (hard drive)
without shutting the computer down. Its not instantaneous, but only
takes a few seconds to allow removal. This could really get people
using more mobile racks / removable hard drive drawer systems for backup
and data moving. I was wondering if people here have had any bad
experiences with it?

It's the same as disable/enable of the IDE channel in Device Manager. That
seems to work, just don't plug a different device in later.

"Eric Gisin" <ericgisin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It's the same as disable/enable of the IDE channel in Device Manager. That
> seems to work, just don't plug a different device in later.

Actually I am pretty sure it works ok to swap in a different device. The
last version of swapmanager I used had a button that more or less refreshed
the IDE devices and mounted the new device. I used it a bit, but never
really needed it for anything. I always power down before swapping drives.

--Dan