What is it with you Texans?

Proposed law forbids routines if 'suggestive'
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/features/3169541

That's the only reason I can think off watching baseball/football
Hehe
24 answers Last reply
More about what texans

    "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Proposed law forbids routines if 'suggestive'
    > http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/features/3169541
    >
    > That's the only reason I can think off watching baseball/football
    > Hehe

    Slow news day?

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > If you haven't watched these Texas high school cheer leaders you
    > wouldn't understand.... :) Their routines are enough to make Hugh
    > Heffner blush....

    Good reason to go watch a "game"

    On a more serious note:
    In Denmark this is a job for the director of the school/college not a
    job for the politicians and easily settled

    On 6 May 2005 14:48:33 -0700, "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Proposed law forbids routines if 'suggestive'
    >http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/features/3169541
    >
    >That's the only reason I can think off watching baseball/football
    >Hehe

    Cat Feet / Buttered Toast Theorum

    When a cat is dropped it always lands on its feet.
    When buttered toast is dropped it always lands with
    the buttered side facing down. If a piece of buttered
    toast was attached to the back of a cat, when dropped,
    the cat/buttered toast combination should hover, spinning
    just above the ground, as it tries unsuccessfully to
    resolve the inevitable conflict of non-scientific
    certainties.
    This in itself might be fun to watch but there is
    a serious point to be made here... What if giant
    arrangements of buttered toast cats were linked
    (probably by their tails) to banks of generators?
    Perhaps enough electricity could be produced to
    help resolve the growing world energy crisis.

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > But, what he's targeting is SCHOOL kids, not adult performers.
    > Might want to keep that in mind. This bill isn't all bad.

    Imho is even worse (the bill) where is the school, the teachers and the
    parents?

    Maybe the rules is different in US and Denmark (they probably are)

    But afaik the sports etc is sponsored by the school? Facilities,
    coaches etc, right?
    The school should be able to stop it buy setting some basic rules
    If broken and things goes too far, no play

    Is it a personal freedom thing? And the school is not able to stop it?

    rgds

    "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Proposed law forbids routines if 'suggestive'
    > http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/features/3169541
    >
    > That's the only reason I can think off watching baseball/football
    > Hehe

    Yeah I read that in our local paper yesterday morning. The guy that got
    that bill into the Senate IS a goody two shoes and a bleating sheep
    :( But, what he's targeting is SCHOOL kids, not adult performers.
    Might want to keep that in mind. This bill isn't all bad.
    McG.

    "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > If you haven't watched these Texas high school cheer leaders you
    > wouldn't understand.... :) Their routines are enough to make Hugh
    > Heffner blush....

    Right, the professional cheerleaders don't do the stuff (it's for TV,
    right?) that the high school and college kids do. They do get kinda
    raunchy at times.
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>If you haven't watched these Texas high school cheer leaders you
    >>wouldn't understand.... :) Their routines are enough to make Hugh
    >>Heffner blush....
    >

    > Right, the professional cheerleaders don't do the stuff (it's for TV,
    > right?) that the high school and college kids do. They do get kinda
    > raunchy at times.
    > McG.

    Well -- they're over 18, right?

    Civilian_Target

    "Civilian_Target" <tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> If you haven't watched these Texas high school cheer leaders you
    >>> wouldn't understand.... :) Their routines are enough to make Hugh
    >>> Heffner blush....
    >>

    >> Right, the professional cheerleaders don't do the stuff (it's for TV,
    >> right?) that the high school and college kids do. They do get kinda
    >> raunchy at times.
    >> McG.
    >
    > Well -- they're over 18, right?
    >
    > Civilian_Target

    Not the ones this bill is 'covering'. This is actually aimed at what
    high schools are doing because it DOES involve 'underaged' persons.
    Genarally, here, that is through 12th grade, where kids graduate at age
    18 for the most part. I dont think the situation really calls for
    legislation, but some level of morals applied. Methinks this is a
    social issue, not legal. This manner of legislating on such an issue is
    really a means of "passing the buck". It's a matter of personal
    irresponsibility reflecting on parents and faculties. Something like
    this should never have come before our Senate, it's an embarrassment on
    OUR whole society. This is just my humble opinion folks.
    McG.

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >>
    >> But, what he's targeting is SCHOOL kids, not adult performers.
    >> Might want to keep that in mind. This bill isn't all bad.
    >
    > Imho is even worse (the bill) where is the school, the teachers and
    > the parents?
    >
    > Maybe the rules is different in US and Denmark (they probably are)
    >
    > But afaik the sports etc is sponsored by the school? Facilities,
    > coaches etc, right?
    > The school should be able to stop it buy setting some basic rules
    > If broken and things goes too far, no play
    >
    > Is it a personal freedom thing? And the school is not able to stop it?
    >
    > rgds

    Right on all parts there Peter. I spoke to this in a barely previous
    post in this thread. I can see that it is clearly lack of values,
    morals and involvment of parents. There is a major lack of appropriate
    boundaries. Where did the knowledge of these "moral boundaries" go?
    What happened to them? Some parents condone these literally lewd and
    overtly sexual displays. They think they're "cute" and that there is
    nothing serious wrong there at all. I have three daughters and one son.
    My SON is the only one of my kids that was a "cheerleader"! SOME
    schools do set stricter guidelines for these activities. Some of those
    are broader in what they allow than others. It is still a social
    problem. That this social matter comes before the legislative body of
    our government at all should set off some internal alarm bells in most
    of us. Some of our parents don't even realize what things their kids
    ARE doing. Some do and even condone it. A large portion,
    unfortunately, don't really seem to care. They don't want to be
    responsible. And they want to deny or minimize or even justify what the
    *schools* 'allow'. Somehow, our lives contain too much "Me" and not
    nearly enough "Our", which is what Family is.
    Well, that's me on and off the soapbox Peter. :) I'm glad there are
    some people somewhere that are concerned about it. Kids MUST have some
    boundaries in place and enforced. Isn't that the parents job?
    McG.

    LymanAlpha wrote:

    > What's ridiculous is that, as far as I remember (actually probably
    still
    > holds true for me today ;-) ), high school cheerleaders in tight
    > sweaters and short skirts with pom poms doing kicks and bouncing up
    and
    > down climbing into a pyramid, were about as suggestive as a male teen

    > could handle.

    The male teens is mainly interested in the sports, the other thing
    comes around a little later :-)

    Here's some good news btw
    http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3169759
    http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/features/3169541

    rdgs

    On 5/7/2005 6:24 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:

    >"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>McGrandpa wrote:
    >>

    >>>But, what he's targeting is SCHOOL kids, not adult performers.
    >>>Might want to keep that in mind. This bill isn't all bad.
    >>>

    >>Imho is even worse (the bill) where is the school, the teachers and
    >>the parents?
    >>
    >>Maybe the rules is different in US and Denmark (they probably are)
    >>
    >>But afaik the sports etc is sponsored by the school? Facilities,
    >>coaches etc, right?
    >>The school should be able to stop it buy setting some basic rules
    >>If broken and things goes too far, no play
    >>
    >>Is it a personal freedom thing? And the school is not able to stop it?
    >>
    >>rgds
    >>

    >Right on all parts there Peter. I spoke to this in a barely previous
    >post in this thread. I can see that it is clearly lack of values,
    >morals and involvment of parents. There is a major lack of appropriate
    >boundaries. Where did the knowledge of these "moral boundaries" go?
    >What happened to them? Some parents condone these literally lewd and
    >overtly sexual displays. They think they're "cute" and that there is
    >nothing serious wrong there at all. I have three daughters and one son.
    >My SON is the only one of my kids that was a "cheerleader"! SOME
    >schools do set stricter guidelines for these activities. Some of those
    >are broader in what they allow than others. It is still a social
    >problem. That this social matter comes before the legislative body of
    >our government at all should set off some internal alarm bells in most
    >of us. Some of our parents don't even realize what things their kids
    >ARE doing. Some do and even condone it. A large portion,
    >unfortunately, don't really seem to care. They don't want to be
    >responsible. And they want to deny or minimize or even justify what the
    >*schools* 'allow'. Somehow, our lives contain too much "Me" and not
    >nearly enough "Our", which is what Family is.
    >Well, that's me on and off the soapbox Peter. :) I'm glad there are
    >some people somewhere that are concerned about it. Kids MUST have some
    >boundaries in place and enforced. Isn't that the parents job?
    >McG.

    What's ridiculous is that, as far as I remember (actually probably still
    holds true for me today ;-) ), high school cheerleaders in tight
    sweaters and short skirts with pom poms doing kicks and bouncing up and
    down climbing into a pyramid, were about as suggestive as a male teen
    could handle. Putting on some kind of lewd and lascivious pole dancing
    routine, seems silly and pathetic.

    --
    People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

    The Official God FAQ: http://www.400monkeys.com/God/

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    Yep, that's where our checks and balances work... Some fool liberal
    gets a hair up his ass and a cool headed Republican slaps him down...

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > Well. Um. As I recall, I kinda liked both. :)

    Hehe, a statistical view
    ~ 15 years I was occasionally working as security guard at school
    parties (age was approx 16-18)
    Nice girls dressed up for fun and bad boys runnning around like bulls
    in a chinashop not paying attention to the "important" stuff

    rgds

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > "Civilian_Target" <tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

    >>Well -- they're over 18, right?

    > Not the ones this bill is 'covering'. This is actually aimed at what
    > high schools are doing because it DOES involve 'underaged' persons.
    > Genarally, here, that is through 12th grade, where kids graduate at age
    > 18 for the most part. I dont think the situation really calls for
    > legislation, but some level of morals applied. Methinks this is a
    > social issue, not legal. This manner of legislating on such an issue is
    > really a means of "passing the buck". It's a matter of personal
    > irresponsibility reflecting on parents and faculties. Something like
    > this should never have come before our Senate, it's an embarrassment on
    > OUR whole society. This is just my humble opinion folks.
    > McG.

    Ah - see - it'd be quite disturbing if it was a bunch of 15-16 year olds
    doing that sort of thing, it'd be just not on. But if they're pretty
    much all 18 and up, I'm all for it!

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >> "Civilian_Target" <tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>> Well -- they're over 18, right?
    >
    >> Not the ones this bill is 'covering'. This is actually aimed at
    >> what high schools are doing because it DOES involve 'underaged'
    >> persons. Genarally, here, that is through 12th grade, where kids
    >> graduate at age 18 for the most part. I dont think the situation
    >> really calls for legislation, but some level of morals applied.
    >> Methinks this is a social issue, not legal. This manner of
    >> legislating on such an issue is really a means of "passing the
    >> buck". It's a matter of personal irresponsibility reflecting on
    >> parents and faculties. Something like this should never have come
    >> before our Senate, it's an embarrassment on OUR whole society. This
    >> is just my humble opinion folks. McG.
    >
    > Ah - see - it'd be quite disturbing if it was a bunch of 15-16 year
    > olds doing that sort of thing, it'd be just not on. But if they're
    > pretty much all 18 and up, I'm all for it!
    >
    > Civilian_Target

    18 and up is college level. Over here, public schools really *ARE*
    public schools and that's where the general populace sends their kids.
    They're required to attend until they graduate or reach adulthood.
    McG.

    Simple.....we don't want all the unfortunate non-Texans watching them,
    getting their prurient interests piqued, and winding up getting their asses
    beat for attempting to sully our bloodlines.

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > If you haven't watched these Texas high school cheer leaders you
    > wouldn't understand.... :) Their routines are enough to make Hugh
    > Heffner blush....

    Video??? For research purposes only.

    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > 18 and up is college level. Over here, public schools really *ARE*
    > public schools and that's where the general populace sends their kids.
    > They're required to attend until they graduate or reach adulthood.
    > McG.

    Yes. I think you're confusing us with England. In Ireland:

    Primary School 5 - 12
    Secondary School 12 - 18 (You can leave at 16 if you like)
    College 18+

    And everyone goes to a Secondary school and theres no more than a
    handful of private schools, mostly for religious reasons although there
    are 3-4 extremely expensive boarding schools too. Everyone goes through
    the secondary school system except them, and its free. As is college.

    So, hot gyrating college cheerleaders are something I would be
    completely in favour of :)

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >
    >> 18 and up is college level. Over here, public schools really *ARE*
    >> public schools and that's where the general populace sends their
    >> kids. They're required to attend until they graduate or reach
    >> adulthood. McG.
    >
    > Yes. I think you're confusing us with England. In Ireland:
    >
    > Primary School 5 - 12
    > Secondary School 12 - 18 (You can leave at 16 if you like)
    > College 18+
    >
    > And everyone goes to a Secondary school and theres no more than a
    > handful of private schools, mostly for religious reasons although
    > there are 3-4 extremely expensive boarding schools too. Everyone goes
    > through the secondary school system except them, and its free. As is
    > college.
    > So, hot gyrating college cheerleaders are something I would be
    > completely in favour of :)
    >
    > Civilian_Target

    Here, 1-6 is grammar or grade school, 7-9 is middle school, 10-12 is
    high school and everyone goes through these whether public (free) or
    private (pay, mostly religious reason), then College which is all pay,
    one way or another. Oh, those are grades not ages :) which loosely are
    6-12, 13-15, 16-18 then College 18+ but can "self emancipate" at 17 and
    check self out of school by law.
    And hot gyrating college cheerleaders are what the high school kids
    'wannabe'. But it's not so great having that in high school.
    Puberty/adolescence is punctuated with more than enough difficulties
    without deliberately adding THAT to it! ;)
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > And hot gyrating college cheerleaders are what the high school kids
    > 'wannabe'. But it's not so great having that in high school.
    > Puberty/adolescence is punctuated with more than enough difficulties
    > without deliberately adding THAT to it! ;)

    And the fact that some of those 14-15 year old girls can pass for a hot
    25 when they get fixed up can definitely cause problems for unwary guys
    over 18. Or over 36, for that matter. ;-)

    --
    Thad

    "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >
    >> And hot gyrating college cheerleaders are what the high school kids
    >> 'wannabe'. But it's not so great having that in high school.
    >> Puberty/adolescence is punctuated with more than enough difficulties
    >> without deliberately adding THAT to it! ;)
    >
    > And the fact that some of those 14-15 year old girls can pass for a
    > hot 25 when they get fixed up can definitely cause problems for
    > unwary guys over 18. Or over 36, for that matter. ;-)

    Tell me about it ;) That's something that's been going on a long time
    man :)
    McG.

    McGrandpa <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate
    of spoo:

    > Not the ones this bill is 'covering'. This is actually aimed at what
    > high schools are doing because it DOES involve 'underaged' persons.
    > Genarally, here, that is through 12th grade, where kids graduate at
    > age 18 for the most part. I dont think the situation really calls
    > for legislation, but some level of morals applied. Methinks this is a
    > social issue, not legal. This manner of legislating on such an issue
    > is really a means of "passing the buck". It's a matter of personal
    > irresponsibility reflecting on parents and faculties. Something like
    > this should never have come before our Senate, it's an embarrassment
    > on OUR whole society. This is just my humble opinion folks.
    > McG.

    IMHO, that's the trouble with Dubya and his Christian Right Big Brother
    agenda.

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    Peter [AGHL] <peter.aghl@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
    spoo:
    > LymanAlpha wrote:
    >>>
    >> What's ridiculous is that, as far as I remember (actually probably
    >> still holds true for me today ;-) ), high school cheerleaders in
    >> tight sweaters and short skirts with pom poms doing kicks and
    >> bouncing up and down climbing into a pyramid, were about as
    >> suggestive as a male teen
    >
    >> could handle.
    >
    > The male teens is mainly interested in the sports, the other thing
    > comes around a little later :-)

    Well I for one have always hated sports <g>
    Unless PC gaming counts ;)

    > Here's some good news btw
    > http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3169759
    > http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/features/3169541
    >
    > rdgs

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

Games Video Games